Poorly Purple chicken with a pic.

• 31 Replies

Hawkins

Re: Poorly Purple chicken with a pic.
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 21:42 »
Her underneath feels the same as all the other chickens at the moment. Will keep a close eye on her.

Thanks guys.
Em  

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

andreadon

• My Diary
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 21:52 »
awww.
sorry she's still badly, em.
hope she gets better soon.
sounds like she's being spoilt rotten now!

:)

Hawkins

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 22:03 »
Have to admit I am a lttle panicky now that it may be egg peritonitus. But I will keep a close eye and feel up a few chickens ( in a good way) to compare against her.

Anybody think of things I should keep an eye out for. Im searching on here now.

Aunty has a chicken that suffers with this I think.

Okay not looking any more Im scaring myself. Im praying my vet had half a clue of what he was doing when he was having a good squeeze of her belly he would have noticed if something was wrong or she would have complained. I hope.

Ill monitor her closely. I wonder if I can take her to work with me. When I have to go back in on wednesday.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 22:15 by Hawkins »

raeburg

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 22:17 »
Runner has made a really good recovery.  It was quite a quick procedure to drain the fluid.  The only downside being that she hasn't laid since.  The picture of broody health.  Another sign to watch for is waddling like a duck

Sassy

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 08:26 »
Good luck :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

too many girls

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 08:37 »
oh Em, they are are worry, hope she pulls through, i've another come down with Lonely's symptoms, i haven't taken her to the vet, i have to be realsistic and know i can't rush everyone of my 41 favourites to the vet every time they sneeze, i think Saffrons age is against her, she's in Lonely's intensive care, on what's left of Lonely's antibiotics and going exactly the same way as Lonely did, i just hope that this time there maybe a different outcome, good luck with purple.........

Hawkins

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 14:42 »
purple is loads better today again, poops quite solid, eating well. talking to me.

she still feels the same as the others with her rear end. If it is egg peritonitus will it clear up with the antibiotics she is on. Vet gave me a 10 day course of baytril.

Vember

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 15:57 »
Real pleased she's starting to feel better Em :D

Sarah :)

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 18:10 »
Glad to hear she's perked up a bit Em.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Hawkins

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 09:35 »
Purple has made it through another night. She is eating like a trooper and looks better. poops are becoming more solid and she is drinking normally. I only had a quick look this morning as back in work today but she was just sat there looking at me at 5.30 this morning. She gave me a little chuckle but as I didnt go in the shed she didnt bother moving.

Im off home dinner time to check on her and give her antibiotics. The only thing now is that I am paranoid that she has egg peritonitis (sp).

She has been poorly on and off for 2 weeks now and whilst she currently looks quite well I have so many doubts swimming around in my head.

Any advice or just tell me to shut up and stop worrying.

She fell asleep on my lap last night. sooooooo cute.

too many girls

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 09:58 »
so glad she picked up, i would have thought with egg peritonitus you'd have known about it by now one way or the other, but i may be wrong, Saffron made it through the night too, so maybe we have 2 survivors.

Hawkins

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 10:05 »
TMG I hope we have got a couple of fighters, Im pleased saffron has pulled through the night.

Possitive hugs from here.

Hawkins

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 14:34 »
Been home to check on purple, she looks really well.

I know we are probably not out of the woods but she was fine.

Dad was at the house just bringing kia back from a walk and he hadnt seen chicken since monday as Ive kept him busy with all the other animals I have and he couldnt believe how well she looks.

This is my promise for today im going to stop being paranoid about egg peritonitis and keep a close eye on her and take it a day at a time.

Thanks for all the support guys, ill let you know how she  gets on but will try to stop posting every hour or so, :D Ill try.

Brambles

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 15:16 »
Great news that Purple seems to be on the mend, am watching closely and hope that she is now well over the worst...  Know very little about sickness in chooks so not added anything to the experts words of wisdom, they all seem to know so much (we are very lucky to have them)...  Just wanted to say "Very Well Done" in your loving care, I do hope that all will be fine now.

Foxy

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 16:11 »
Agree with TMG, would've seen more obvious symptoms by now if it was egg peritonitis. Glad she is on the mend! :)
Keep her on the yogurt though as a 10day course of A/Bs may change the natural flora in her gut.

xx
Help poorly chicken

Started by cleehillian on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post October 04, 2010, 09:56
by Aunt Sally
xx
Poorly chicken

Started by debih on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 05, 2012, 18:35
by debih
xx
Poorly Chicken

Started by Sarah C on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 20, 2010, 21:05
by Pretty Chick
xx
Poorly chicken

Started by dink on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 21, 2010, 20:11
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.395 seconds with 36 queries.