great day for planting

• 15 Replies

mandycharlie

• Experienced Member
    • Blossom and Sunshine
great day for planting
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 19:53 »
Had a fabulous day today, hubby was extremely pleased with his new toy (rotavator) and after a bit of a silly moment with it, an old boy came over and gave him a master class on how to operate it, after that it worked sweet as a nut.  (I love that, that people help others out on the lottie, it restores your faith in human nature)

I looked at the ground afterwards and thought my grandad (who died some 30 odd years ago) would have been proud, as it looked better than his seed bed did, that he spent many a long hour on, along with various grandchildren of which I was one, cause that was the only bit that we were allowed to touch.. lol

and then, we went shopping, bought and planted 15 raspberry canes in a three row, five long formation with plenty of room between the rows to collect the raspberries, north to south to catch the sun, (me thinks I must be learning some 'ink)

next job is to get some supports in.  Then four blackcurrant bushes and 12 strawberry plants.. (need to ask a question about them,,)  

and 6 different herb plants which were planted strictly in a regimented formation, their almost standing to Atttentttion.  (i might need to take a piccie of that, hubby doesn't dooo arty, only logic :) )

It really was a fab day. :)

xx
Just had a great day.

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post February 02, 2008, 23:53
by mashauk
xx
what a great day!!

Started by smc on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post June 07, 2010, 10:04
by Babstreefern
xx
Great Satisfaction When its Your own

Started by GaryH on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 04, 2009, 22:09
by compostqueen
question
The Great Cover Up ....

Started by HugglescoteGrower on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post April 21, 2010, 22:29
by blackbob

Page created in 0.567 seconds with 36 queries.