incubation temps

• 15 Replies

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
incubation temps
« on: May 03, 2009, 09:21 »
I am trying to get as much info on incubation as i can in readiness to buy some eggs but im finding conflicting advice on temps? some books say 38 others say 37.5 - 37.8 and a website said 37.5 ? which one should i go for ? in other words what do you set yours at? its a cuvatto 24 forced air incubator, its currently running at 45% and 38?
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vember

Re: incubation temps
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 10:29 »
I always go for 37.5 CL :)

Haven't done bad so far :D  Slightly higher temp may result in less humidity then problems with hatch which could also be early :) Slightly lower may result in higher humidity & take longer for the eggs to hatch :)

Sarah :)

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 10:38 »
Thanks Sarah! I will reduce it back to that and keep i running for 24 hrs to make sure it stays there. I gonna be a real pain asking loads of questions over the next few weeks, so apologies everyone in advance!  :blush:

Vember

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 10:40 »
No such thing as being a pain asking questions :)
Ask away no one minds at all, so long as we see the ikle ones within 5 seconds of hatch :lol:

Sarah :)

Briony

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 11:38 »
Mine runs between 37.5 - 37.8 it is digitally controlled and have good hatchings.  Had my last hatch on Thursday of 18 chicks.

Next batch are in.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 11:48 »
I too will be watching this one with interest!!!!  :D

too many girls

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 16:07 »
what you putting in? what you putting in? not that i'm nosy or anything..................

Briony

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 16:51 »
I have just hatched Cuckoo, blue and splash marans and have Cream Legbars and Old English Bantams in now.

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 17:27 »
 :blink: Ok! am back from farm park! WITH EGGIES! I have now in the incy! which is now running steady at 37.5
Eggies are:
Araucana - lavender
Welsummer
Pekin bantam (blue)
and possibly silkie and brahma!  ???
fingers crossed!  :unsure:

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 17:32 »
what silkies CL?  I need a couple of cuckoo silkies to go with Enery!!  And some more Exchequer Leghorns as it looks like you were right, Brian thinks we have 3 cockerals and 1 hen!!!

nnbreeder

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 17:42 »
One thing to remember too is that when you add the eggs the temp of the bator will drop and stay that way for an hour or so till the eggs warm up. During this period do not adjust the thermostat on the incubator or else when the temp does stabilize it will be way high.

I set my bator to run at 99.5 Deg F as it has forced air (a fan inside) but the still air (no fan) sets at 1 Deg F higher or 100.5 Deg F.

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 17:55 »
One thing to remember too is that when you add the eggs the temp of the bator will drop and stay that way for an hour or so till the eggs warm up. During this period do not adjust the thermostat on the incubator or else when the temp does stabilize it will be way high.

I set my bator to run at 99.5 Deg F as it has forced air (a fan inside) but the still air (no fan) sets at 1 Deg F higher or 100.5 Deg F.
I did resist turning the thermostat up  :happy: and it is now up to 37.2 only put the eggs in about half hour ago! thankyou, my tummy is doing flips! Just want to get it right!

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 18:00 »
what silkies CL?  I need a couple of cuckoo silkies to go with Enery!!  And some more Exchequer Leghorns as it looks like you were right, Brian thinks we have 3 cockerals and 1 hen!!!
sorry Grannie they were black white or buff coloured with dark tails. dont know what I will end up with but all the breeds are in seperate pens so will be pure. If you dont get your incubator sorted soon would love to help by hatching you some cuckoos for enery (thats if all goes well this time  :unsure: just realised i could end up with a couple of orpies too! (they were mixed egg boxes) and they had some lovely gold laced ones.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 21:31 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh dear, does Rob know what he's let himself in for!!!!   there's no stopping you now!!!!   :D :D

shame about the silkie's but if I can get some eggs, I'll be down there!!!   :D

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 21:41 »
He's like Brian! he can see the money signs   :lol: he was surprised we have eggs so soon!

xx
Sub zero temps

Started by Nails on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post January 06, 2010, 11:43
by compostqueen
xx
Broody not eaten enough - should I bring her in tonight due to freezing temps

Started by birmancats on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post November 28, 2010, 18:46
by birmancats
xx
Day 2 of incubation

Started by Runnerduckkeeper on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post March 26, 2007, 14:53
by muntjac
question
incubation

Started by waffles on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post August 02, 2009, 14:00
by poultrygeist

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 36 queries.