Lonely's poorly.

• 59 Replies

too many girls

Re: Lonely's poorly.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 14:24 »
10 minute sunbathe, hang in there Lo Lo, you've got the whole summer to look forward to.

note to self, really must clean windows.............
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 14:26 by TMG »

Vember

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 14:27 »
Bless her :)

Just caught up with this TMG, sorry to hear she's not well :(

Couldn't be in better hands though, I'm sure you and Pip will have her up and about in no time :)

Hows super duck 17 going on with out the heat lamp :lol: :)

Sarah x

too many girls

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 14:31 »
he's fine, he's wrapped up in Pip's dressing gown :D we asked Will about his spraddled legs, he starts of ok but when he gets tired his legs slip out sideways, Will said it's probably best not to let him reach adulthood................. :(

Vember

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 14:39 »
Ahhh that's a shame :(

Only other thing is to get Sam to make him a set of wheels so when his legs get tired he could just flap his wings and whizz about :lol:

Let us know how he/she gets on :)

Sarahx

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 20:08 »
Hope she gets better TMG... you have put your heart and soul into that lil lady!! xx

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 20:45 »
Keeping my fingers crossed for Lonely and Superduck 17. My duckling with the broken leg took a while get back on its feet. Always found it harder when tired or on a slippery surface but back to normal except a bit smaller now.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

too many girls

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 00:05 »
she's not looking at all well, i don't think she's going to make it, if she gets any worse i think i'm going to ask Sam to do the deed with his dispatcher, i really don't want her to suffer :( poor Lonely.

wildwitchy

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 01:18 »
ooh thats sad. I hope she pulls thro. Ex batts are just very special little birds (the others are aswell). x :wub:

wadz81

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 07:32 »
After getting some chickens I signed H.F.W. chicken out campaign and after showing people at work the picture of your girl when you first got her (sob!) they have all signed up aswell now I'm scared of ours getting ill don't think we would be able to do the deed so sorry for you

too many girls

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 10:53 »
Lonely took a turn for the worse at 4am this morning, she fell or jumped off her perch (actually a cat scratching post with a towel over it) and was fluttering and flapping about on the floor unable to walk, she woke me up and after watching her for a few seconds i went and got Sam out of bed, bless him, he's got a terrible cold but never complained, he disabled the alarms, told me to put the kettle on as he said we needed to discuss strategies, and went off to the stables to fetch his dispatcher, sat on my bed with our cuppa's and Lonely on my knee we went through how best to do it, the cone used for dispatching is fixed to the wall in the shed but i didn't want to take her outside, Sam "will you be able to hold her by her legs mum? or shall i wake up grandad" mm, then it was do we wake Pip? i knew she would be upset but Sam felt she would be more upset if we didn't wake her and she didn't get to say goodbye, whilst we were arguing the pro's and cons Lonely jumped off my knee and walked rather unsteadily across my bedroom floor out into the hall and off up the corridor to the kitchen where she helped herself to Caspers water bowl (her water has medicine in it and she obviously thought the dogs was preferable) she reprieved herself and we went back to bed, she still looks poorly this morning, she drinking but eating very little, she is walking about a bit more, i hope she has turned a corner and will get better, off to the pet shop for mealworms for her  this afternoon, we came so close to ending her life last night, fingers crossed.

Rubellite

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 11:07 »
Oh my goodness, she must have heard what you said :ohmy:
Do hope she rallies round :(

compostqueen

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 11:14 »
oh bless  :ohmy:  I do hope she's turned the corner. Lots of us humans have colds and sniffles at the moment so maybe she has too.  48 hours and she'll be her old self again. We're all rooting for her

Fingers very firmly crossed for Lonely.  I believe in the power of positive vibes.  You know what to do everyone  :)  ((((((((((((((((((Lonely)))))))))))))))))))))))

andreadon

• My Diary
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 13:56 »
((((((((((((((((((Lonely)))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((Lonely)))))))))))))))))))))))

figners crossed.

xxxx

too many girls

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 14:04 »
she's been very naughty, she's only gone and pinched super duck no 17's heat lamp again, i don't know whether she's wheezing or snoring but she's very noisy, i don't think she's in a rush to get better, she quite likes it in my bedroom, warmth, company, and her own buffet, she's surrounded by saucers of her favourite foods, chopped boiled egg with a drizzle of cod liver oil, tuna in springwater with a pinch of poultry spice (the cats stole that last night) layers pellets, chick crumb, bread soaked in goats milk, poultry grit and sweetcorn, she keeps going round them as if she wants to eat but can't be bothered, that's not something i can identify with........................

poultrygeist

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 14:28 »
Edge of the seat stuff.  :unsure:

Hope she can perk up a bit. At least she'll be spoilt in the meantime. :)

Rob 8)

xx
Lonely or poorly?

Started by Angela B on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 24, 2012, 08:20
by Sassy
xx
Lonely poorly, need advice

Started by too many girls on The Hen House

49 Replies
Last post September 18, 2008, 21:59
by chickenlady
sad
lonely hen

Started by snowy on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 05, 2009, 16:42
by andreadon
xx
Lonely Hen

Started by yorkylover on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 03, 2013, 08:24
by joyfull

Page created in 0.399 seconds with 36 queries.