How do I clean with jeyes?

• 8 Replies

Sparr0wman

How do I clean with jeyes?
« on: April 23, 2009, 08:08 »
My deep clean has moved forward doue to the Possible Mycoplasma in one of my girls.
I have searched this forum for past posts, but non tell me how to clean with jeyes. I need stupid proof instructions.
The side of the tin i have says dilute 65ml per 5ltr.
Do I just spray this on? Do I scrub with it? Do I have to rinse it off? How long do you leave it untill they can go back in? if they can't go back in the coop where do they lay? :ohmy: too many questions I know, but I need help. I feel hopleless :(
Thank you
Arran.

matilda duck

Re: How do I clean with jeyes?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 10:57 »
I used jayes over the weekend just to keep things ok.
 One of my girls had mycoplasma and all I did was get a spray bottle and mix some jayes with some water.  Nothing scientific as measuring out just add as much as I thought (but that's me).
 I let all the girls in to the garden and sprayed the whole hen house with it..then left it to dry.  The chickens went back in at night no problems.......and especially as the weather is nice it will dry quicker.  But don't rinse it or you will be undoing all the good you have just done. 

Someone will be along who knows better than me but I am just saying what I did.

Boxfanman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 16:56 »
My advice would be not to use jeyes :tongue2:

Try milton, or steralising tablets mixed with washing up liquid, once dried it don't have that awefull smell and it as good as, or if not better than Jeyes.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 17:32 »
I've been using Jeyes for years, no problems.  Because we have bigger henhouses and more of them, I've got one of the pressure sprays by Hozelock and spray with that.  leave to dry, leaving all doors and vents open.  Smell soon goes

Sparr0wman

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 18:56 »
I've been using Jeyes for years, no problems.  Because we have bigger henhouses and more of them, I've got one of the pressure sprays by Hozelock and spray with that.  leave to dry, leaving all doors and vents open.  Smell soon goes

This is what i did. :D All this chicken talk must be rubbing off. I cleaned about 12 o'clock, chickens have just been alowed back in. There is a faint smell there but it smells more CLEAN than smelling of strong Jeyes..

karlooben

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 20:12 »
i have mentioned it before on here i think but i use a cuparol spray bottle the large one u use to do fencing with , it works wanders an its really easy to get into all the edges etc as u can turn the spray bit to any angle and also it doesnt totally soak the house right out so it drys really quick .
plus it makes use of something that wasnt an may never of been used  :lol:i use jeyes asits the only stuff i have at the mo .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Rubellite

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 21:06 »
I used a soft hand brush (as in dustpan and brush). Kept dunking it in the bucket of Jeyes and brushed it into the corners and crevices. Seemed to work ok.  ::)

andreadon

• My Diary
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 13:36 »
yeah, me too - bucket and sponge/scourer.
then rinse it with another bucket of  clean water.
(we don't have those new-fangled hoses others mention.... )

BestBreast

• Experienced Member
  • Chhhhiiiiiiickens.......
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 21:54 »
I have used Jayes with a alloy wheel brush (49p from Instore) and this worked really well gave it a really good clean, it has all day to air before chucks are put back into the run. I mixed it up in a bucket as it advises on the back of the can.

I have just purchased another product Virkon's £1.99 for 50g. I used a pressure sprayer from Eds in Peterborouigh it was a few years ago but was only £10 (paint sprayers were either not about or very new). It was a lot easier to do this and got into the nooks and crannies really well. Still gave it a brush out and scrub with just water first.

Good luck.

xx
Jeyes Fluid

Started by shell on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post July 08, 2009, 22:47
by Foxy
xx
jeyes fluid

Started by flatcap on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 31, 2007, 08:33
by slowef
xx
Jeyes Fluid...

Started by pink-chicken on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post October 15, 2009, 20:07
by karlooben
xx
Jeyes Fluid

Started by Blondie on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 05, 2007, 14:49
by muntjac

Page created in 0.271 seconds with 28 queries.