keeping a diary

• 12 Replies

Robin Redbreast

• Experienced Member
    • http://alandkell.blogspot.com/
keeping a diary
« on: April 21, 2009, 22:03 »
does anyone do this? if so can ya give me some ideas as to how to set out do you do it with pics or just a list format maybe some pics of your way of doing it so i can get some idea please! this part is something i am still very green about and i am not a literary genius although i am still a genius of sorts!!!!! lol :blink: :unsure: :blink: :unsure: :lol:
Little Robin Readbreast
Sat upon a rail.
Niddle, naddle went his head;
Wiggle, waggle went his tail.

gawk

Re: keeping a diary
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 22:11 »
Start yourself a blog and write about what you do regularly, it will archive the information by date and by any category you create. You will then have a running record to refer back to, can add pictures and search for specific items.
It's all too much!

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 22:14 »
I started a blog with the best intentions as said by gawk - didnt keep it up
I started a diary with the same good intentions - didnt keep it up

So I am useless at it
(ill go away now  :D )
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

gawk

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 22:18 »

My blog says... "This year I will be mostly growing vegetables"  :wacko:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 22:19 »
If you want something more basic than a blog, there's a members' diaries thread in the GYO Stickies section: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=12601.0

You have only one post, which you keep updating as you see fit (rather than constantly replying to create new updating posts).
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Robin Redbreast

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 22:21 »
I started a diary with the same good intentions - didnt keep it up

So I am useless at it
(ill go away now  :D )

i have a blog but i dont like the format it goes backwards to me and is hard to use but very funny answer peapod. if nothing else ya made me chuckle haha  :lol:

Robin Redbreast

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 22:22 »
If you want something more basic than a blog, there's a members' diaries thread in the GYO Stickies section: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=12601.0

You have only one post, which you keep updating as you see fit (rather than constantly replying to create new updating posts).
i like this idea didnt know about it thanx! :D

iwantanallotment

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 22:23 »
I was bought a lovely leather journal for this year that I write all my gardening bits in.
At the back I've copied germination tables & sowing/harvesting tables, plus other things that are useful to have handy.
I do have to write up what I've done/sown/transplanted etc straightaway though, else I forget what I've done  :blush:
It's nice to compare journals and sowing/harvesting dates from season to season, plus any probs & when they occurred/why etc, how they were dealt with.
I don't have a blog, cos it'd all be forgotten by the time I came in & sat at pc. Also they'll be nice I think, for someone else to have when I die :)

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 22:29 »
To be honest I just write the sowing and repotting dates on the labels..that seems to do me so far. I do make a list at the start of the year with the best intentions but never seem to refer to it. I use Johns book for planting times and my seeds are in monthly order, and my camera for lotty update piccies with date. Anything special I tend to remember

RichardC

• http://www.forums.ilambretta.com/phpBB2/
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 22:30 »
I have been keeping a diary record of planting dates etc. and have also done a sketch plan in the back showing what is where in the plot.

Have also listed everything I intend to grow this year with sowing times noted from the back of the seed packets, as a quick reference while down the plot.

Find it very useful, even if just because writing something down helps it stick in my brain.

Richard
My other Forums Lambretta related

Robin Redbreast

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 22:30 »
I was bought a lovely leather journal for this year that I write all my gardening bits in.
At the back I've copied germination tables & sowing/harvesting tables, plus other things that are useful to have handy.
I do have to write up what I've done/sown/transplanted etc straightaway though, else I forget what I've done  :blush:
It's nice to compare journals and sowing/harvesting dates from season to season, plus any probs & when they occurred/why etc, how they were dealt with.
I don't have a blog, cos it'd all be forgotten by the time I came in & sat at pc. Also they'll be nice I think, for someone else to have when I die :)
dont think about dying just yet then will ya i might wanna ask ya a question or two but i can see your thinking thats a nice idea unless you are a dodo gardener lol ::) :lol: :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 22:50 »
I just got a cheap (72p) pocketsize hardback book from Wilkos........gave each veg a page and write down the varieties, sowing dates and observations through the year.
Charts/rotation lists etc are stapled in the back and in the middle brief notes on what the weather's doing. 8)
Also keep a list in there of veg varieties i've noticed that i would like to try for next year...this way i wont forget  :blush:

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 23:08 »
Its isn't a diary, as such, but in case it would be of any help I have a spreadsheet which shows, for each of the normal crops, a calendar of Sowing / Planting / Harvesting dates, and then columns for recording actual varieties and dates.

Details in this thread:

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=34306.msg411041#msg411041

xx
Keeping the Fox off

Started by plot36 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post April 09, 2008, 10:07
by weeeed
xx
Bee Keeping

Started by teflon on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 18, 2009, 20:31
by Doodle
xx
Keeping it together !!!

Started by Grif on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post January 28, 2008, 22:27
by Grif
xx
Keeping seeds

Started by whippersnapper on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post January 24, 2010, 16:54
by randombod

Page created in 0.331 seconds with 38 queries.