Is this egg bounding???

• 4 Replies

HENrietta

• Experienced Member
Is this egg bounding???
« on: April 21, 2009, 20:58 »
HI all, one of my hens a white leghorn, was very edgy late this afternoon. She would not go back into the coup for love nor money. Eventually i did get her in with lots of ranting from me and my other girls :mad:.
Anyway you know how a hen bows down to protect themselves well she was doing this in an upright postion if this makes sense! :unsure:
Then she produced an egg with no shell just a membrane (an unrecognisable egg shell). She did this infront of all of us :ohmy: She went into the hen house just for a few minutes.  She then sat grooming herself, i think she was a little shaken she seems fine now. She has eaten and drank since this happened. Is this egg bounding?

Thanks HEnrietta :)
Live, Love and Laugh!

mumsy

Re: Is this egg bounding???
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 21:27 »
I thought being egg bound was when an egg was 'stuck', they are very uncomfortable & need attention asap.  At least she has laid the soft egg, sometimes they are 'off' for a day or so before laying a soft shelled egg.  Hopefully, she is a young one & is just getting sorted out.

HENrietta

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 22:08 »
Yes she is young and has just been laying for about 5 weeks.
 :) Thanks hon.

mumsy

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 22:11 »
As long as they have access to oyster shell as well as their pellet, she should sort herself out.  Occasionally, you come across one that lays softies all the time  :( like I had, I rehomed her in the end).   She was a leghorn too.  Hope yours was just a one off.

Hawkins

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 22:12 »
Hope she is better tomorrow. Good luck
Em  

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Page created in 0.847 seconds with 37 queries.