psb has no psb

• 6 Replies

titch

psb has no psb
« on: April 19, 2009, 22:34 »
my psb has no florets as yet - but they are huge, almost 2 ft tall, lovely leaves but no flowery bits yet...........
are they duds? :(
i assume i can eat the leafy parts like spring cabbage? :wacko:

i can add photo's if its required :lol: (she boasts, now she can do it  :nowink:)
just keep breathing................

paintedlady

Re: psb has no psb
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 05:36 »
how strange - most of my brassicas (not just brocolli) that were left over winter are flowering.  When did you sow them?  And I assume you've checked that nothing is eating the flower heads?  Personally I'd leave them - they may just be a bit delayed for some reason.
Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

Christine

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 06:49 »
Me too - only two flowering heads out of loads. The cabbage is nice but it was psb that I thought I was growing.

Debbie D

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 08:04 »
Mine have just started producing purple sprouts in the last few days so don't give up there is still hope1

p00rstudent

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 10:01 »
the winter cauli's have now been harvested, whilst the psb has started producing florets over the past week, with some of the plants still yet to produce any. so i would just wait a little longer.

Debz

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 12:09 »
Titch, I don't have any sprouting bits either.  I bought little seedlings last year and popped them in when they arrived.  They looked a bit pathetic over the winter but they recently put on a lot of growth but still no purple bits.  I am waiting patiently because PSB is supposed to be good for you but if it takes much longer the chooks can have them.

titch

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 19:50 »
Wont give up just yet then, :) glad its not jsut mine :nowink:............... not that i am glad some of you have no psb either  :blink:

Page created in 0.467 seconds with 35 queries.