Run Surface...

• 32 Replies

andreadon

• My Diary
Re: Run Surface...
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 11:11 »
you could always wash it through with the hose.

chasechicken

• Experienced Member
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 13:22 »
I've put some bark down (with drainage underneath) and it seems to be doing the trick - will see in a week or so what the damage is.  Fortunately my chooks seem to use their house for pooping so the run stays fairly clean - they're actually quite tidy in that respect.

The run pictured a few posts ago looks great!!  I might take the swing idea myself - it looks really cool... let me know how they get on with it!

Thanks for all of the replies, dietry points noted and changed - they're back on layers full time with veg and corn as treats etc.  Also give them grit although wonder if that's all in the mash / pellets?

The last few days they've really started to come one - I think the nice weather (well, short lived here) has cheered them up and they're getting to free range a lot more as I can let them out when I get back from work for a couple of hours now it's lighter.

Anyway - won't change the subject too much - it's about the 10th topic within this post!

smiler43

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 15:50 »
That grey pipe is ducting for the dryer in the garage, I didn't want the fumes blowing on the girlies :D

Guttering on roof, we are going to do that later, it's quite expensive, and won't fit in the car :(

Stalosan - yes you can use instead of lime, completely chook friendly :D  I got mine from
http://www.flytesofancy.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eflytesofancy%2eco%2euk%2f&WD=stalosan&PN=Stalosan_F_Disinfectant%2ehtml%23aSTAL8#aSTAL8
came next day :D

xx
Chicken run surface

Started by Wyandottie on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post March 13, 2009, 10:09
by mamashango184
xx
Type of surface

Started by BigMark on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post April 28, 2009, 19:28
by chickenlady
xx
Chicken Poo & Run surface & Mulch on Gardeners’ Question Time

Started by Roughlee Handled on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 06, 2009, 20:11
by nicchick
question
Rain,rain and more......what is the best surface to keep chickens on?

Started by mad mark on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post May 23, 2009, 21:13
by Sopho

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 37 queries.