Oh dear!! That wont happen again

• 1 Replies

matilda duck

Oh dear!! That wont happen again
« on: April 13, 2009, 18:30 »
Well as it was such a nice afternoon, the ducks were out in the garden as they do and the chickens were sunning themselves.  I decided to get the ducklings out for a bit of fresh air 8).

Paddling pool was being filled with fresh water for them so not too deep.
 Well Snowy heard them and came to have a look no probs just looking as if where've they come from??????? Ducklings decide to jump out of the pool....i swear they are penguins......having a nuzzle at a plant    AND THEN........Zorro ran from the bottom of the garden 200ft and launched at poor Merlin :ohmy: we pulled him off then he grabbed him again...poor Merlin gave out such a squeal. Ducklings were grabbed into a towel and cuddled. :unsure:
Zorro still tried to jump up at them in my arms.  I've never ever seen him like that. Usually he wont come too close unless corn is in the equasion :wub:.

The ducklings went in the belfast sink in the kitchen so I could clean them off.  They are now back in the warm brooder BUT Merlin has a little nick on his head about 2cm from his eye :(  They are fine and eating drinking and squeeking he doesn't seem bothered by it at all.  Should I put something on it or just leave it and keep it clean.?????

I am so cross with myself...It wasn't zorros fault he obviously knew Merlin was MALE and was protecting his girls.  Why do I always mess up???? :mellow:
I think they had better stay in the brooder where they are safe.

Kate and her Ducks

Re: Oh dear!! That wont happen again
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 19:17 »
Sorry MD, what a nasty day for you!

Like you say, not Zorro's fault, just their nature. I need to remember Patrick might seem lovely but never know what he might do with the ducklings although hasn't seemed to worried by them so far.

At least you didn't treat on it!!!!  Don't beat yourself up.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

xx
Could this happen ?

Started by caroline or on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post October 16, 2012, 09:24
by 8doubles
xx
does it happen to you

Started by RubyR3d on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 22, 2014, 20:03
by Helenaj
xx
how could i let this happen

Started by babe on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post August 05, 2008, 18:36
by Jellyhead
xx
Day three and no egg(s) yet.... When will it happen!?

Started by peachesandclive on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post March 24, 2008, 21:27
by mumsy

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 36 queries.