If ever i needed help!They are home.

• 99 Replies

Jellyhead

Re: If ever i needed help!They are home.
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2009, 21:24 »
is 30 a bit warm ??? I don't know, someone will be along soon Fruity. Big hugs from over here and so very sorry for you horrid time of it :( Sending lots of positiveness :mellow:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

FRUITFULL

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2009, 21:32 »
jells i read on here 30 deg for babes,the light is at one end and the food and water the other,the temp thing is under the light so its 30 there but about 26 at other end.They always sleep under the light rather than in the cooler bit.Today i opened a window a little at front and back of room for a little fresh air but room still stayed comfortably warm.
Im not contacting the lady where they came from as i think now looking back in my niavity things she said there was a problem from the start.
These babies have had a good home for a short while and far better than being trampled in a small cage whilst they pass away.
They have all laid in my hand and had a drink from a puppet about 1/2 hour before they die.
Oh has to keep going in the garden and digging a deep hole in the chicken run to bury them as i wanted them to be in thier run!!
what an Easter,but theres hope for i think 3 of the four left!

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2009, 22:34 »
 :( Oh fruitfull! im so sorry! the poor little things and poor you!  :( keeping everything crossed for the 4 babies you have left, sending big hugs xxx
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smiler43

• Experienced Member
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2009, 08:46 »
So sorry to hear you lost some *BIG HUGS*  I'll keep everything crossed for the ones left.

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2009, 14:25 »
How are they doing today?
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

FRUITFULL

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2009, 15:29 »
Today the smallest one left is starting to get weak,she hasnt grown at all since i got her friday and still looks like a new chick.the other 3 are feathering up and lively although one of them is small but has same new feathers as bigger 2.
The small one has a little poohy bum but i dont want to distress her by cleaning it unless she looks lively.Bless her she keeps trying to put her head under a bigger ones wing when its sleep time as shes lost her other small cuddling friends! :(
I think posibly the little one isnt going to make it but i think the other 3 will be ok.

FRUITFULL

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2009, 20:29 »
I HAVE GOOD NEWS!!Today all went well,the 4 yes 4 babies are fine,ok so tiny is still tiny but they are all great.First day of not loosing one  :D :D :D
We've turned a corner i think :D

FRUITFULL

« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2009, 20:30 »
sorry forgot to say......piccies tommorow  :D :D :D

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2009, 20:40 »
Oh what fab  news!  :D fingers crossed for all you guys! your not near Selsey are you??? spent 9 of my childhood years holidaying there! at the green lawns caravan site!  ::)

FRUITFULL

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2009, 20:54 »
I know Selsy but its about 45 mins along the coast from where we are  :D We live near Brighton  :D

matilda duck

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2009, 21:20 »
Hey Fruitfull Sorry about another loss :(....but 4 left YEH :D.  Hope that corner has turned for you pics tomorrow cant wait  :nowink:

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2009, 21:52 »
Yeah! That's good news.

Looking forward to the pics :D

Its amazing how quickly a weak one can get left behind growth-wise, isn't it? I have a duckling with a broken leg so it isn't quite as active and doesn't eat constantly like the others. It still looks like a little duckling and feels light and birdlike (if that doesn't sound too stupid). The others are chunky fat little bruisers already well towards duckdom at a week old. Weighted them yesterday, the little one is only 100g, the rest 140g+.

Jellyhead

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2009, 22:02 »
Wayhay Fruity, So pleased for you. Hope all continues to go well. Big hugs from over here ;)

too many girls

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2009, 22:11 »
sorry about your losses Fruity, i lost 2 of my ducklings, they got stranded on their backs and just died, after the first one i felt awful, after the second i felt neglectful, hardly had a wink of sleep since, every time i hear plaintive cheeping i leap out of bed to the rescue, i'm sure it was nothing you did or didn't do, i would still contact the seller, if she knew there was problem she shouldn't have sold them to you, you may help prevent the same thing happening to someone else.

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2009, 22:34 »
I know Selsy but its about 45 mins along the coast from where we are  :D We live near Brighton  :D
:lol: spent many a long afternoon at the Brighton and Hove museum! Dad is a bit of a steam buff  ::) cant wait to see piccies of the babies still have everything crossed for you! went to a park farm with kiddies today and saw loads of lovely buffs there! thy are sooooo cuddly  :wub:

xx
Home needed

Started by ck2day on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post April 22, 2008, 21:32
by Foxy
xx
new home needed

Started by naturesparadise on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post August 04, 2008, 21:26
by naturesparadise
xx
New home desparately needed for 4 or 5 hens

Started by Kym503 on The Hen House

43 Replies
Last post December 11, 2008, 14:40
by Jellyhead
xx
URGENT HELP PLEASE- HOME FOR 4 GIRLS NEEDED NOW! LINCOLNSHIRE AREA

Started by Dabhand on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post March 06, 2011, 09:21
by joyfull

Page created in 0.603 seconds with 36 queries.