Duck advice nesting girlies sad day now

• 39 Replies

matilda duck

Re: Duck advice nesting girlies (you may get a bit excited)
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 10:50 »
No down in there yet but there wasn't a proper nest shape yesterday either :lol:

I just looked at the photo and thought whats the chickens doing laying in there DOH!  They are deffinatly duck eggs...time for a cuppa I think.....

I'm getting nervous about this...if it's a incy you have some control... this is in the lap of the gods :ohmy:

smiler43

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 10:52 »
awww she looks so cute and comfy in there.  Can't wait now to see what happens, this is better than soaps on the tv!!

matilda duck

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 11:09 »
awww she looks so cute and comfy in there.  Can't wait now to see what happens, this is better than soaps on the tv!!

Oh I don't know!!!! at least with them you get a magazine telling you on a saturday what's happening for the next week ::) :lol:

Vember

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 11:49 »

I'm getting nervous about this...if it's a incy you have some control... this is in the lap of the gods :ohmy:

Incys are a nightmare, honest MD if she can do it it's 100 times better for you and the litle 'un's :D

Once she's sitting proper the worry will go and then it just seems like a life time of waiting for them to hatch :lol:
I was certain Titch had been sat for longer than 2 weeks but no it is only 2 weeks :( another 2 to go ::)

Sarah :D

matilda duck

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 12:33 »
I've just been and checked on them. no-one on the eggs BUT the eggs have been covered over so I presume that's keeping them warm....i'm no duck???. :unsure:

I have just taken todays Jemmima egg out. I love her to bits but shes mallard so I don't want too many of them??  so now theres 2 jemmima eggs and 3 crested.  I think that will be enough for now  :D

Vember

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 12:40 »
:D Yep they spend a good few minutes covering the eggs before they leave the nest :D

OOOooooh getting exciting :D

Sarah :)

matilda duck

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 12:47 »
I need a web cam set up.... you know like bill oddie's on spring watch???  The ducks just look at me as if to say ...HAVE YOU NO WORK TO DO    GO AWAY!!!

Vember

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 12:50 »
I know that feeling :lol: I was in & out checking them all the time, hubby said I needed micro chipping or a warning beacon on my head as he never knew where to find me :lol:

Sarah x

matilda duck

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 17:52 »
NO

sob sob

Just gone to check on how the girls were doing and............................ :(  The nest has been strewn along the floor 2 eggs have been eaten and all but 1 has been broken.

If I could swear on this topic I would.......   It's my own fault should never have let the chickens stay in their own house.  I had a feeling one of the batts was eating their eggs but couldn't be sure  NOW I'VE LEARNED THE HARD WAY.......

And do you know what makes it worse....I've cracked the eggs as they are no good for anything and they they were all fertile even the crested........I'm going to sob in a corner now .....

nnbreeder

• Experienced Member
Re: Duck advice nesting girlies sad day now
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 17:56 »
That is heart breaking I know. Do you have an incubator to put the remaining egg into? There is an off chance it could be saved.

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 17:58 »
oh Md.... thats so lousy.... I am so so sorry.... is there any way you can get any others under her at all??? do you have any others from them to be able to??... *hugs* from here...xx

matilda duck

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 18:01 »
No we havn't a incy. This wasn't a planned operation.  The ducks took it upon themselves. we were going to let the ducks raise them naturally.  I am so upset.  

We were saying the weekend we wanted to seperate the ducks and chickens as it's better really......but the ducks decided to nest  on sunday so weve had to leave everything and everyone all together.

I learn the hard way me. :( :(

matilda duck

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 18:04 »
oh Md.... thats so lousy.... I am so so sorry.... is there any way you can get any others under her at all??? do you have any others from them to be able to??... *hugs* from here...xx

We have 1 egg left that we could put under but thats the lot as this has only been going since sunday believe it or not.

I suppose I will have to wait and try again or see if she will sit just the 1 and see if anymore eggs appear tomorrow :(

Vember

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 18:04 »
So So sorry MD :(  

Huge Hug

Sarah xxx

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 18:05 »
Oh poor you MD,   :( :(  Ive been following this with excitement too.  Get Roll Roll to pour you a big drink and a hot bath and pamper yourself this evening

xxx
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

xx
Wild duck nesting in the garden

Started by Kym503 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 18, 2011, 11:58
by jamima
xx
advice on nesting box design

Started by slurp on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post January 31, 2009, 20:03
by poultrygeist
xx
chickens sleeping in nesting boxes - advice needed

Started by brownp on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 10, 2010, 09:45
by Henlady
xx
Duck advice

Started by neil1967 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 07, 2009, 00:08
by neil1967

Page created in 0.372 seconds with 37 queries.