hens and how many!!!!!

• 25 Replies

poultrygeist

Re: hens and how many!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 20:09 »
If you want to PM a link I can post it up for you. :)

Is it for the chickens ?

Prepare yourself for criticisms ! :D

Rob 8)

newatthis

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 20:13 »
i know it's 6ft long by about 5ish foot high and about 3ft wide, would this be ok for 2 hens???  for a short time till the summer, while i get their pen up and going and eveything staright..
zoe pattinson :)

newatthis

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 20:16 »
was going to be only for a coupple of months, promise then when we have their large pen sorted, im hoping i can get round my other half for a couple of ginnies to fill the space

poultrygeist

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 20:37 »
It's hard to say if it's suitable without seeing ti but if it's the sort I think it is, I'd not use it for chickens without extending the run securely.

If you can copy and paste the link in a PM I can post it up for you. I can only give my opinion on it and others may be able to advise better.

Rob 8)

poultrygeist

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 20:50 »
Link to ebay hutch HERE

If it were me, I'd double the area of the run using welded mesh and timber frame. Impossible to say how secure it is or how well built.

It's got 4 days to run so hang fire for other comments. Someone may have experience of one.

ROb 8)

newatthis

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 20:54 »
thankyou for that, yes i could double the run side of it for now till we have the main coop and run up and running, and then i can bring the hutch home or keep it there just for a rabbit or 2, (if i can seank them in without my other half seeing them)  :D

poultrygeist

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 20:57 »
AT the moment, there seems to be a lot of foxes about so you'd need to spend a bit of time and effort to keep them out but we can advise on that.
Anything you spend on a run extension, can always be recycled for your main run later.

Rob 8)

newatthis

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 21:01 »
we have been told there are foxs where my alloment is so i was going to double wire on the outside and under the pen so no foxs can get in fingers x

Jane-M

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 17:41 »
You could  use this set up as you small secure housing and put it inside a large run so then have space when you can't let them in the garden. We have a small secure run inside the hen enclosure and it is very useful for lots of things - mainly though segregating new hens and ultimately for a chick run when we get that far.
3 o'clock is both too early and too late to start anything - Sartre said so.

newatthis

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 19:11 »
hi im may have to put the hens on hold for a while...
due a very nasty man :mad: my parnter had to step on to his lawn to get throught the gate as there was a van parked on the parth, next thing we know he comes out in to his back garden shout at us for steping on his lawn which we said but....then the words that came out of his mouth  >:( >:( :mad: well...it left me speach less, then he turned round and said im not standing for this do do(cant swear on here but you can fig the word out)
and then went in side and watched us from the upstairs window...freaky to say the least...but will let the alloment office know on monday morning..as for the hens i dont fill they would be safe if left alone there..

poultrygeist

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 19:36 »
That sounds more than a bit scary  :blink:

Do emotionally disturbed people often live near allotments ?  :unsure:
There was someone else saying they had a strange man near their allotment a few weeks ago.

Good luck with sorting things out. I'd put money on the commitee knowing all about him  ;) :)  Threatening behaviour and abuse shouldn't be tolerated. Especially when it delays getting chickens !! :ohmy:

Rob 8)

xx
Which hens for our broody? Need good layers and hardy hens, - which to choose

Started by sarahkk on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 18, 2011, 12:24
by sarahkk
xx
Introducing new hens to freerange hens

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 02, 2008, 18:50
by mdueal
xx
Introducing new hens to existing hens

Started by Elcie on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post February 07, 2010, 14:52
by joyfull
xx
Help, hens pecking at hens bottom

Started by T C on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post September 05, 2009, 15:03
by T C

Page created in 0.264 seconds with 28 queries.