Rennie Update- still worried- still soft eggs- calcium tablets where?

• 24 Replies

poultrygeist

Are they fizzy ???

Would she go off pop ??  :ohmy:

HENrietta

• Experienced Member
One of my ranger's 'georgous Gloria' has been laying soft eggs for the last year. >:( We have tried everything from cod liver to plenty of grit{oyster}. She is kept in her run for several hours of the day. She eats plenty of pellets! We have now resigned her to the fact that it is a genetic thing.
My O.H would like to get rid of her as she is a real nuisance, in the fact that as she lays every day she is so messy and she sleeps in her nesting box so her fearthers are always a mess on her breast :(. And also we are getting 1 less egg.  ???
But on the other hand her personaltiy is really lovely, and so she stays to see another day!!!! :)

Many regards  HENrietta  ;)
Live, Love and Laugh!

shiatsusu

OH NO!!! Don't tell me that Hen- I've been determinedly quashing the small voice inside which is saying this is just what Ren is going to do  :( Never mind, as long as it doesn't cause her any damage she has a place here till the end of her (natural) days- she's way too much part of the family and a real character to dispense with. I'll give it a few days and let you know what happens. They are not at all happy with still being in their run this morning. They're all pacing the fence making furious faces  :mad: but will just have to put up with it till after lunch  ???

Foxy

It can take a few weeks to build up calcium to normal levels so dont worry! ;)

Rubellite

Hey Susu. How's our Rennie doing? :mellow: RR

shiatsusu

Hey Rubes, I was migraine struck this weekend so HTB has been "in charge" - he thinks there were 2 more soft shelled eggs but at least they were whole and normal size- she was sitting this morning but I haven't looked yet to see whether anything came out  ??? On the plus side Ruby has started laying (we do seem to be dopplegangers for each other don't we!!)- perfectly formed just a bit tincy wincy at the mo. That leaves just one girl to go....blue eggs here we come  :lol: Talking of which, how is our sister Myrtle?  :nowink:

Rubellite

Oh poor you, and very strange for I also succumbed to a migraine yesterday :blink:
Mine, I know, was the result of tucking in to some Doritos which when I finally managed to focus on the ingredients, contained MSG - a dead cert for a bad head - doh! Usually avoid that sort of stuff like the plague. Very boring for all around who enjoy eating it :(
I hope Ren sorts out the soft shell thing. At least if she is passing them then they shouldn't be a problem to HER health?
I found an unusual egg today - had speckles on it. Kept it to one side as it may be Lottie's first egg. I'll see what comes later today and tomorrow.
No blue eggs yet. Having an urge for a white egg layer now...............
Dreadful weather here today, so blowy and wet I shut the shed up an hour or so ago. But...and you'd be amazed.........I let them out at 5.45 this morning, so they shouldn't sulk too much. Will liberate them if the weather improves this evening as it often does. RR

shiatsusu

Ah I'm waiting for the rain to start here- it's awful black and angry looking outside  :( The girls are out but being buffeted and rather cross about it  >:( At least the gate prevented a chair that was just picked up and chucked across the patio from reaching them  :ohmy:
Sounds hopeful for the speckles and lottie- Rens first egg was lovely dark colour with speckles. Our Bluebelle lays very pale eggs, almost but not quite white- you could try one of them?
MSG and heads yup totally agree, I never eat those kind of things (only red wine, chocolate, cheese  :lol: :lol: :lol:) Think mine was from rushing around like blue ar*ed fly last week  ???

And BTW 5.45?????!!! What on earth were you doing up at that time  :ohmy:  :blink:

Rubellite

And BTW 5.45?????!!! What on earth were you doing up at that time  :ohmy:  :blink:

Husband started fidgeting as never trusts his alarm if he's got an early start, which set the cats off. As dogs have smashed two catflaps in the past week, had to get up and throw Sam cat out. As up already, started the dishwasher and tumbler that I'd meant to put on time last night but due to head went to bed early and forgot...and so decided I might as well go let the girlies out and go back to bed (on the advice of a kindly soul on the chicken forum  :lol:)

shiatsusu

Ok, just don't tell my bunch- 7am is early by my standards  :lol:
ps- our dog smashed our cat flap last week too, which is why Ren was able to climb through it into the house  ???

xx
soft shells and calcium tablets

Started by chooknewbie on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post April 17, 2009, 21:31
by Aunt Sally
xx
using oyster shell grit but still getting soft eggs..UPDATE!

Started by virgotiger on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post September 23, 2009, 20:50
by virgotiger
xx
Ren's soft egg update- new egg today

Started by shiatsusu on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post March 25, 2009, 10:26
by shiatsusu
xx
soft eggs sorted but now she's eating the hard shelled eggs!!!

Started by wolverine on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post September 19, 2010, 21:23
by orchardlady

Page created in 0.923 seconds with 35 queries.