Untidy hens

• 31 Replies

Jane-M

• Experienced Member
Re: Untidy hens
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 12:39 »
You image slave you  :tongue2:
3 o'clock is both too early and too late to start anything - Sartre said so.

shiatsusu

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 12:42 »
We're getting married in June- good job HTB knows what he's letting himself in for! He has "mucking about clothes" for the garden- it's a standing joke between us. Went to try wedding rings a couple of weekends ago after painting the fence and he had BROWN hands and filthy nails from the paint! Honestly I ask you  >:( The woman in the shop looked at us as if we were complete riffraff  :ohmy:  :lol:

Jane-M

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 12:49 »
Just to hurtle off thread for a moment - do you do shiatsu? I do.

shiatsusu

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 12:57 »
I do! It's called Tien Chen shiatsu and uses energy but also hands on healing and bone adjustments. Have you tried it for your girls? Ren had a hot spot on her wing yesterday which released with some work and is right as rain today  ::) Nice to meet a fellow healer person  :lol: (RR won't mind us hijacking her thread- she and I are locked in mortal combat over myrtle and mavis laying the first blue egg anyway!!  ???)

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 13:51 »
just wondering how many odd looks i would get if i went to let my girlies out in my jammies... (they are on a lottie).... :D

shiatsusu

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2009, 14:10 »
Do it! You'll forever more be known (with affection) as the eccentric chicken lady  :lol:

duckling

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 16:29 »
Here in Somerset it is definately scruffy tracksuit with cut off wellies and a mud covered coate at 6.30am - thats the chicken wear for me in the mornings - then I tend to use the same for walking the dogs - I'm sure the locals in Crewkerne think I'm a bag lady.  Before  I had dogs and hens I used to be quite glamourous and always had my hair and nails immaculate and wear a suit.  Its funny really to feel so at ease and relaxed in such scruffy clothes.  It must the the contented feel of looking after hens - it spills over into other parts of your life.
1 x Hubby, 2 x dogs, 6 x chooks and one big garden - Loving Life

wafflycat

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2009, 16:31 »
Just to hurtle off thread for a moment - do you do shiatsu? I do.

Isn't that a breed of dog?  ;)

shiatsusu

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2009, 17:06 »
shitzu- which caused great hilarity among friends when I first started practising years ago  :lol: Made worse when I was actually treating two shitzus for a while  :tongue2:

Stree

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 21:42 »
Just to bring this particular thread back on topic:
( The tidiness or otherwise of hens.)

I have two lots,
Three white amberlinks that live in a wooden cottage, humble but clean, of homely proportions, with apple trees and elderberries growing in their private garden.
They keep their quarters very nicely:

The other "Lot" consists of  the goose and gander, two cockerels and an old brown hen, who live in the Great Hall, which is spacious and  well appointed  so accomodates them well, however they are not as domesticated as the Amberlink sisters and hardly ever do the dusting.
The goose ( Judith) is seen here leading  the Amberlinks to an informal  tour of the Great Hall

As they peer through the gloom into the depths they can see the faded splendour, Miss Faversham style, and the grand old gentlemen perched high on the minstrels gallery and Dame Henrietta close by but discreetly averting her eyes.

Foxy

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 22:21 »
Begging your pardon sir....by what name does the grand old gent go by??? Is the dame a chaperone per chance?? :D :D

Stree

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 22:38 »
Granted,

Well the Patriarch is Lord Kellogs, 

and his Aide De Camp is the dashing Henry, who we believe is of French extraction

and they quarrel less than the hens do

shiatsusu

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 09:50 »
Splendid! What salubrious accomodations. I won't show the pictures to my girls otherwise they will feel very hard done by indeed...  :ohmy:

Rubellite

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 13:24 »
Wonderful stately home! I must get a chandelier for my shed. In fact I have one in my front room. It came with the house (only one of these cheap fashionable things) which everyone hates. When I replace it I know where it is going.
Right then, back on topic.........
This morning I rolled out of bed, pulled on my wet, hole in the bottom, wellies with no socks, shshhhed the dogs, kicked the cats (inadvertantly, they were after food), grabbed my coat and tiptoed over the gravel and up the track at 6.45am.!!!
Heard a squawk as I approached the chicken shed and as I opened the door, Dolly jumped out followed by the lovely Myrtle and Mary. Lottie was still on the perch and as I peered around the corner, took off and nearly had my eye out! But.............
the straw was still as I'd arranged it beneath the perch last night and I had little piles of poo and not the mess to which I've become accustomed over the last fortnight.
So thank you all, it has worked!

shiatsusu

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2009, 14:32 »
Success!  ;)

xx
Which hens for our broody? Need good layers and hardy hens, - which to choose

Started by sarahkk on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 18, 2011, 12:24
by sarahkk
xx
Help, hens pecking at hens bottom

Started by T C on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post September 05, 2009, 15:03
by T C
xx
Introducing new hens to existing hens

Started by Elcie on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post February 07, 2010, 14:52
by joyfull
xx
Introducing new hens to freerange hens

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 02, 2008, 18:50
by mdueal

Page created in 0.411 seconds with 36 queries.