No eggs from Tarzan

• 4 Replies

Lardman

No eggs from Tarzan
« on: March 08, 2009, 22:59 »
Evening all.

About a fortnight ago I posted that Tarzan wasn't looking too good. I'm please to say she seems to have made a full recovery. Back to being vocal, part of the group and generally behaving like a chicken.   :D :D

Apart from the fact I haven't had an egg from her since - Its been about 12 days since her last one I have no idea why she wasn't well but it seems to have put her off.  I have noticed her stretching her neck and opening her beak as if wretch - although I've not seen her be sick,  she's also still a little pale in the face.

She was late in and hadn't been wormed so I've been giving her fubenvet for the last couple of days just incase.

Should I be worried yet?

Vember

Re: No eggs from Tarzan
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 08:24 »
Hi  Lardman :)

I shouldn't worry just yet :)
It can take them a while to re-start laying once they've been ill.

The neck movement can indicate gape worm :( So defo keep up the flubenvet for the whole 7 days :)

Is she pooping normal as far as you can see? Eating & Drinking? No other symptoms of illness?
Have you checked her over for creepy crawlies? Also checked the coop at night for redmite? Just in case :)

Sarah :D

Lardman

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 18:14 »
Thanks Sarah,

I'll carry on with the worming. No other symptoms now - no crawlies, food & drink in and out as normal. No red mites, (that I can see) Breakfast and Lunch are fine and producing daily.  I think she may have eaten something that disagreed with her, at least I hope it was just that.

When do I start to worry ? :wacko:

Vember

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 18:33 »
That all sounds good :)

I normally start worrying when they stand hunched up not eating and not acting chickeny :lol:

Sarah :D

Lardman

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 08:38 »
Panic over.

Woken this morning by Tarzans unmistakable yodeling, this despite being on the otherside of the house, having double glazing and the coop being 30ft from the back door :ohmy:  :ohmy: She was making more fuss about it than when she laid her first.

The eggs is slightly smaller than she was laying but perfectly formed none the less, its a good job too as I was down to my last 2 eggs.

xx
Tarzan looks a little down.

Started by Lardman on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post February 23, 2009, 13:13
by Roughlee Handled
xx
wanted mandarin duck eggs and peacock eggs please - wales

Started by CMFAM on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 04, 2008, 16:00
by babe
xx
soft eggs sorted but now she's eating the hard shelled eggs!!!

Started by wolverine on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post September 19, 2010, 21:23
by orchardlady
xx
shell less eggs and partly shelled eggs

Started by symonep on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 21, 2012, 19:42
by symonep

Page created in 0.401 seconds with 36 queries.