ABANDONED COCKEREL

• 14 Replies

JANEVANS02

ABANDONED COCKEREL
« on: March 07, 2009, 23:15 »
A friend  telephoned me today because here husband who works for the forestry commission was working in a local wood when he came across a bantam cockerel which had obviously been abandoned, he was under fed and looking sorry for himself, they have fed him up and he is now looking well and healthy but they are not able to keep him because although their neighbours tolerate their hens they are getting a little annoyed with the early morning crowing.

The cockerel is located in Devon and desperately needs a home quickly because if they cannot re-home him they will be turning him into soup !!!

Please can anyone help.

I will try to attach a photo to this but if it does not work I can email one to anyone who is interested. :(

* EMMAS COCKEREL.doc
(23.99 kB ~ Downloads: 157)

JANEVANS02

Re: ABANDONED COCKEREL
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 15:31 »
Just as I was beginning to give up someone gave me a suggestion and I am pleased to say this poor abandoned cockerel has now been offered a home at a local castle which has an area with bantam hens in so he should soon be living a charmed life in beautiful surroundings guess  he will live a life of luxury and have many visitors as the Castle is open to the public.

Thats what I call a result and after such a terrible start to life I feel he deserves it.

too many girls

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 15:43 »
phew, bit relieved there  :unsure:

Caralou

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 15:54 »
phew, bit relieved there  :unsure:

Put him the mix... you'd have had him!!! What's happening with William? Are we still moving him soon? :D

too many girls

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 15:58 »
as far as i know it's all on for this weekend, car still full of petrol (filled it up again since last time) we's a waiting......................

JANEVANS02

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 17:09 »
William and friend have packed their suitcases and today confirmed they will be picked up at Taunton on Wednesday at approx 1 o'clock, they are booked into their B & B for wednesday night at Kates and she will keep you posted as to their progress.

Caralou

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 17:11 »
Now, I'm at mum & dad's in cheshire on fri night/sat - if I could get him sat can get him up to scotch corner on way home/sun, if possible :) Fingers crossed

too many girls

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 17:23 »
Pip's named Williams friend Anri Paul, where that came from i've absolutely no idea...............

JANEVANS02

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 17:29 »
Actually when I look at him he looks like he should be called Anri Paul he is proud looking, great name Pip

Caralou

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 17:30 »
Pip's named Williams friend Anri Paul, where that came from i've absolutely no idea...............

Sounds sort of footballer(ish)  :wacko:

too many girls

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 18:11 »
Pip's quite good at naming animals and birds, except when she came up with names from the entire cast of "Lost" poor chicks, me? i call everything "Go away"

Foxy

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 18:48 »
Now, I'm at mum & dad's in cheshire on fri night/sat - if I could get him sat can get him up to scotch corner on way home/sun, if possible :) Fingers crossed

I am meeting up with Humbug Thursday -just need to organise timings etc :D
Oh and Jan -do the boys have any special dietry requirements?? :D :D

too many girls

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 18:52 »

Oh and Jan -do the boys have any special dietry requirements??

Full continental breakfast :lol:

JANEVANS02

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 18:53 »
Full english breakfast and steak for diner, sorry thats my requirements  !!.

They have layers pellets and I give them a small handful of mixed corn every morning.

Looking forward to their trip.

Jan

Caralou

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 19:02 »
I am right that Humbug is in shropshire? May be able to get the last leg in even easier as maybe closer to my parents to do the handover... They'll have to fight the cats for the pellets at mine ..... :wacko: Cats that are fussy on cat food, but love rabbit food and pellets  ???

xx
Abandoned eggs

Started by Honeysuckle on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 23, 2011, 21:03
by joyfull
xx
3 Day Old Abandoned Chick

Started by martincarguy on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 15, 2009, 14:02
by Vember
xx
abandoned eggs?

Started by bantam novice on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 09:03
by joyfull
xx
Abandoned ducklings

Started by HattonHill on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 26, 2012, 09:04
by Sassy

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 30 queries.