chickens / hens

• 20 Replies

mickwood

• Experienced Member
    • Our Lotty
Re: chickens / hens
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 19:42 »
Gaz.grace, I live in Clay Cross which is not too far from you at all! If you want your more than welcome to pop round, have a look at my set up, ask as many questions as ya want, have a brew and reassure yourself with everything you need to know!
There is a supplier local to here  www.littlemortonfarm.co.uk they can supply POL's (point of Lay, young female chickens who will lay within the next couple of weeks) They are what are known as 'hyrids' which are chickens that have been bred to lay as many eggs as possible, all year round. the guy there has a variety of colours so you can get a good balance of 'pretty looking' chickens and good laying ability! he's selling them for a tenner and I saw them the other day and they look well cared for birds. I buy my feed from him, costs about £15? I got my birds in....July 08, started with 2 then went to 4 and I have only just bought another bag which has not even been opened yet!! So dirt cheap to keep the chooks!  :D
get in touch if ya wanna come see the chickens

Good Luck getting some, your gonna love it!!

HENrietta

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 22:19 »
Hi, just a little lightner for you. I always say to my children... we eat chicken, we raise hens...It works for me and mine. Enjoy, they will give you hours of entertainment.  :D
Live, Love and Laugh!

gaz.grace

• R&G PLASTERING
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2009, 22:58 »
hi thanks for invite sorry i have only just seen it .. just had a look on that site looks good .. i would like one of the amber hybred ones, they look nice .   :D

gaz.grace

• R&G PLASTERING
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2009, 23:05 »
i just got 3 ex batts last weekend . do you think it would be ok to get one off him as i only really want 4 for the time being , or would he only sell them is twos as i have read its not good putting one in on its own because of bullying .??   :unsure:

Vember

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 23:14 »
I think you'd be best sticking with the ones you have for now Gaz.

Mixing new birds with old can cause problems at the best of times. Adding just one isn't easy.

Also I think you might be best getting your ex-bats up to full health before getting any more, those birds have been through a lot in a short time :( I'd let them settle a bit more first :)

Just my opinion though :D

Sarah :)

gaz.grace

• R&G PLASTERING
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 23:22 »
no thats fine . i did not know if it would be better now to do it as i doubt they know each other either ,even though they come from the same place , and wow they have settled in though they come in the house they are not bothered . when i go out they come to me see what im up 2 . bless lol.

:D

xx
Chickens or Hens

Started by Vickie & Richard on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post September 17, 2008, 21:14
by richyrich7
xx
help - i want to keep chickens/hens

Started by mumof4 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post April 30, 2008, 19:04
by blulagoo
xx
WTD; chickens /hens near selby york

Started by pauldc on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post March 18, 2008, 18:00
by Davenports
xx
Friendly chickens? Looking for happy hens to live with my ex-batts

Started by Carla on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post August 16, 2010, 09:21
by grumpydad

Page created in 0.338 seconds with 37 queries.