white stars

• 4 Replies

millymolymandy

white stars
« on: February 24, 2009, 14:18 »
Hi there I have just succumbed to buying 6 white star hatching eggs ( along with 6 Araucana, 12 french wheaton maran & 18 cream crested leg bars)  :wacko: I wondered if they are easy to sex, or will I have to wait until they cockle doodle doo? the same goes for the Araucana(black) I know the french wheaton and cream legbars are easy to sex just not sure about the others.
would have been enough for a crumble!

Fran

mumsy

Re: white stars
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 22:13 »
Lady Araucana's don't usually have a comb, so thats a sign ;) If one starts growing ;)
Lucky you, with all those wheaton maran eggs, hope you have a good hatch.  Tried to get one at the weekend (to replace my Mimi who sadly passed away just after Christmas), but the guy I got her from didn't have any.  Ended up with two hybrids!! Still, one is a maran type, so will hopefully get those lovely dark eggies again.

millymolymandy

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 06:41 »
Cheers Mumsy, I've never kept Araucanas before so a bit ignorant regarding them, I bought them for the green eggs. I've got one french wheaton after last years hatching spree, out of 12 eggs 8 hatched, I got 1 hen and 7 cocks can you believe it  ::) a bit unlucky I thought. All eggs are in the incubator now I'm looking forward to them hatching and hope I have a better hen /cock ratio this time.

mumsy

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 19:30 »
Lets hope so, 7 to 1, that alot of boys!!!
I wanted a more greener egg than my cream legbar, thats why I got an araucana, but she is a lavender, & her eggs are quite pale blue.  Apparantley the darker they are the greener the egg.  However, since my legbar has moulted & has started laying again, her eggs have changed colour to GREEN :wacko:  I am sooooo pleased :D  My mixed colour egg box looks great, I do miss Mimi's eggs though, I hope these new youngsters hurry up & start laying :unsure:

Fifitrix

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 20:35 »
Totally off the subject but am I allowed to tell you that my 3 columbian blacktails are called Milly, Molly & Mandy???  :D :D :D :blush:

xx
White Stars

Started by ian123 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post November 16, 2009, 11:30
by chech221
xx
White Stars vs Leghorns

Started by iwantanallotment on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post January 03, 2010, 18:50
by IMOmimey
xx
Sleeping under the stars

Started by Rangerkris on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 28, 2012, 21:10
by andyoak
xx
my girls insist on sleeping under the stars

Started by chooksbury on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post November 17, 2009, 14:24
by IMOmimey

Page created in 0.646 seconds with 31 queries.