And then it dawned on me...

• 9 Replies

AndyRVTR

And then it dawned on me...
« on: February 15, 2009, 17:19 »
has anyone else been down their plot today and thought Spring was here?
Not sure if its me, just wishful thinking or actually happening... the wind was so warm, the sun was shining, crocus's, snowdrops and even daffodil's are shooting up like there's no tomorrow.  :)
Now knock me for tempting fate if you like, but I think Spring is finally here...  :) :)

zazen999

Re: And then it dawned on me...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 17:49 »
Me too. The Aubretia was flowering today, and it was about 10 deg c. The builder round ours on friday took his jacket and jumper off and was down to t-shirt which is a good sign.

We will have a cold snap in a week or so though - I believe they are saying it's only going to be nice for a few days.

Duracell

• www.nrsarescue.org
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 17:53 »
I have only just come in, and that's cos it was getting too dark. Had a great day out today.

Ps. I see you are just up the road Andy so perhaps that's why we are thinking the same way  :D

AndyRVTR

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 17:58 »
I have only just come in, and that's cos it was getting too dark. Had a great day out today.

Ps. I see you are just up the road Andy so perhaps that's why we are thinking the same way  :D

Am I not just DOWN the road  :tongue2: :tongue2:

I had to force myself to stop digging today... it was so nice down the plot.. :)

Duracell

• www.nrsarescue.org
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 18:04 »

Am I not just DOWN the road  :tongue2: :tongue2:

In that case I take it all back and you are just another southern Jessy  :tongue2: :tongue2: ;)

AndyRVTR

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 18:07 »

In that case I take it all back and you are just another southern Jessy  :tongue2: :tongue2: ;)
[/quote]

LMAO.... thanks neighbour  :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

Christine

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 18:31 »
Stood on my plot not a million miles from Jarrow yesterday and it was one step off being a quagmire. My working footwear grew an inch picking up a swede or two. The local 5 year old told me I'd got very much indeed in disgust.  :D

Duracell

• www.nrsarescue.org
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 18:46 »
I am really impressed with how well my veg patches have drained off this year. It goes to show that a few years of hard work does pay off.

Christine

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 17:01 »
Ah well yes but not all of us have had enough few years yet.  :D Next year I might have had enough years because I'll have added enough compost to the clay for there to be drainage on the slight slope that I have.

I'll come back in a year and tell you.  :D

Duracell

• www.nrsarescue.org
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 17:07 »
Mine has had between 2 and 5 years so I would hope to have seen improvment to be honest.

Page created in 0.53 seconds with 36 queries.