rotavators

• 12 Replies

Bigbadfrankie

rotavators
« on: February 14, 2009, 11:54 »
 :)just spent the morning getting the machines ready for a sunny week hopefully soon.
all 3 started first time!!!!(all Honda's). So changed engine oil adjusted tappets ect, now looking at forecast for tomorrow. My little lottie is very wet so i expect it will be next weekend before i can start.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 23:55 by noshed »
always have a target
and an objective.

Gwiz

Re: rotavator's
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 14:22 »
I fired mine up the other day too. I did give the lottie a quick stir with it, just to make me feel I was doing something useful, more than anything else.... ;)

Paul Plots

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 15:11 »
My very old but still working well Howard 200 is sitting in the garage at home awating someone who is willing and able to it give a once in 30 years service. ::)

Normally it spends its time in a shed on the plot but, after a break in, I decided to bring it home for some pampering.

The old girl still works a treat, starts up mostly first time and does a brilliant job. :)
Problem is she has had an oil leak for the last ten years so needs topping up after every work-out. :(

Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 19:56 »
I have a  200 with a honda engine.

Paul Plots

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 21:29 »
I've no idea what engine my Howard 200 has - can't remember - must have a look in the morning. :blink:

My first try at attaching a picture (hope I have the size right) - if it works there could be a picture of it here somewhere :wacko:
rotovator low01.jpg

shaun

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 19:45 »
after readin this yesterday i dragged mine out from under its cover pulled it twice,next thing it was purring away like a little kitten  8)
then went down the lotty to pick a few odds n sodds and have a fire and its far from ready,far to wet,so my plan is to dig it over with digger next weekend or the weekend after that,cant wait  :)
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 21:09 »
I've had 1 of the mantis's running already this year after I realised its still got 1/2 a tank of fuel in it from last year  :blush:
Can't get on the plot standing water on some parts  :(
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 22:30 »
I have put in some ploughed furrows to try and drain the water, but the troughs are full of water. I need a dry windy week or two then i will be able to plough the top half at least. Once its ploughed it will dry out more quickly. But I will be starting late this year. I have in years gone by had some crops in by now

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 07:24 »
Forecast is looking good to get started next week end

Paul Plots

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 13:47 »
I've no idea what engine my Howard 200 has - can't remember - must have a look in the morning. :blink:

My first try at attaching a picture (hope I have the size right) - if it works there could be a picture of it here somewhere :wacko:

Now in brilliant working order with no oil leak..zipped over the plot last week-end.

Discovered  ::) it has a Villiers Mk 7 12-2 engine.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 17:57 »
Hired a Camon C8 Thursday  8) Think I'll put one top of my birthday list anyone rate my chances  :lol:

Gwiz

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 18:32 »
Hired a Camon C8 Thursday  8) Think I'll put one top of my birthday list anyone rate my chances  :lol:

We have a couple at work.
I can't stand the things, but then I'm the one who has to keep repairing the gearboxes again and again. Same problem every time, they jump out of gear (rotors)
I hate to think how many new gears they have had over the years.
I think we need new machines, or new staff to use the old ones.... ;)

Trillium

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 19:15 »
I have a 5 hsp Poulan which is a few years old now. All I do is occasionally top up the oil, add petrol as needed, and follow the instructions for starting, and it fires up the first time every time. Even with old gas and sitting in the garage all winter. It can be a bit of a beast to handle but makes up for working at first pull. Haven't checked the engine but I believe it's a B & S, which is surprising for first time start ups. Checked the veg beds today and they're dry enough to work, but we're due one last snow storm soon so there's little point until after the next snow melts. Darn.

xx
rotavators

Started by rotavator on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post May 11, 2015, 20:57
by rotavator
xx
rotavators.

Started by sam51 on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post March 20, 2016, 21:25
by Dopey113
xx
rotavators

Started by ianlincs on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post January 30, 2011, 20:44
by ianlincs
xx
Rotavators

Started by sweet nasturtium on Equipment Shed

65 Replies
Last post March 02, 2008, 20:41
by bigsprouts

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 28 queries.