Im No 13 out of 19

• 9 Replies

bunch29

Im No 13 out of 19
« on: February 12, 2009, 22:26 »
 Well I finally got through to someone at the council today to see where on the waiting list I was for an allotment and Im number 13 out of 19 and the wait will still be a very long time.
The man was very nice so I asked about the possible opening of any new sites as there are none available in the whole of Basingstoke and the waiting lists are huge, he said they were looking at possible sites but it would be over the next couple of years, not very helpful!!! Interesting seeing as they are in the process of closing one of our largets sites in Basingstoke.

Soooo frustrated just want to get growing :(

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Im No 13 out of 19
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 11:12 »
I know how you feel.............still waiting :mad:
Some of the sites here were recently sold off :mad:

Nobbie

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 11:52 »
I'm moving to Manchester next year and have been on the list for almost a year now, just heard that they've offer 8 new plots which leaves me at number 6 on the waiting list. I'm hoping a few on the waiting list will decline what is currently some overgrown land at the side of the current allotment plots.

As long as I can get on one by next winter I will be very happy :D

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 12:45 »
I'm moving to Manchester next year and have been on the list for almost a year now, just heard that they've offer 8 new plots which leaves me at number 6 on the waiting list. I'm hoping a few on the waiting list will decline what is currently some overgrown land at the side of the current allotment plots.

As long as I can get on one by next winter I will be very happy :D
If there are as overgrown as they sound, you will be on there in no time, seen over the years, new tennants come in full of energy who think within a week it will be just as they imagine it, go down for a week or three and then don't bother.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Sapphire

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 15:01 »
I contacted the person re allotment here in my area down to no 32  :( but we may be in for 20 new plots that arguments going through at the moment, the man says if your not scarred of some hard work one of thoose may be yours fresh new one on a farmers land.
here hopeing one comes soon.
Good luck to the rest of you

Maria
Maria

Debbie D

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 16:25 »
We are number 22 and no plots have become available in the last 12 months so we are in for the long haul I think.

bunch29

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 17:25 »
we should start a group for people on waiting lists for allotments :lol: share our frustation

nobby

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 18:05 »
check out quilter road one site hase just been taken over but i think one mite soon be vacent   have a walk around some of the other sites and have a chat with the site reps [its not wot you know its who you know]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 18:11 by nobby »

bunch29

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 20:14 »
Do you think you get bumped up then because I asked the man at the council if there were any available in basingstoke anywhere and he said no they were allocated, keen on cordale road as its near to me!

nobby

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 20:23 »
lets just say the local rep knows more about wots going on than the bloke at basingstoke and dean
bill  :lol:

Page created in 0.574 seconds with 38 queries.