Tiamutin-Respitory Med.

• 1 Replies

betty

• Experienced Member
Tiamutin-Respitory Med.
« on: February 05, 2009, 02:56 »
Hello all-- Has anyone heard of Tiamutin?  I have read that this is to treat mycro plasma.  Wich is a bactirea.  In poultry the signs are a respitory (cronic) infectious disease.  I have been reading about this, and it sounds like it does the trick.  I am going to ask my vet for some and try it on 3 of my chooks that have had this respitory problem for 2 years.  It is also a prevenitive med.  If anyone finds info on this med., please share it.  Maybe it is something that will help.  It is for poultry and swine.  I have also read that you don't have to hold the eggs.  Denagard is the trade mark name, and Tiamulin Hydrogen Fumarate is  the active ingrediant. Try: novartis tiamutin for poultry and then click on the international poultry sight  for some good info. It is well worth the time to learn about this product.   I just hope you all in the UK will have access to purchuse it.   yf Betty ps look at disease information on that web sight
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 03:30 by betty »

nnbreeder

• Experienced Member
Re: Tiamutin-Respitory Med.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 03:39 »
Betty I use LS-50 which is a mix of two drugs. Lincomycin, an antibacterial, and Spectinomycin which is an antimycoplasmal.

The reason for the two drugs is because a Mycoplasm infection has no symptoms. The swelling of the head and bubbly eyes etc. is the result of secondary infections and will go away when treated with antibiotics, but the symptoms will return in just a few weeks after treatment ends.

I have never heard of the drug that you listed but if works as good as it says and is affordable you can bet I will chase it down.

Page created in 0.305 seconds with 28 queries.