Plot Rents

• 52 Replies

richinbish

Re: Plot Rents
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 21:28 »
I'm not sure how big my plot is, though it is a good size.

Overgrown with bramble etc, which the Council cleared out for me.

Fenced and secure gated, toilets, small shop and committee 'hut'; free manure, water supply and skips for rubbish.

Just under £50 per annum. (I think that included the price of my key too.)

Looks expensive compared to some of yours (especially the lucky * paying £2.50!), but it looks like I am perhaps better served in terms of amenities; at under a pound a day, I'm not likely to complain!

Think you'll find its under a pound a week LOL  ::)

Christine

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 21:35 »
£25 for an enormous plot plus £2 for the association membership. Only facility is water. Over the last 40 years hedges or fences have been erected round each plot.

There's a concrete hard standing through double gates which allows the parking of a small car and easy delivery of goods so it almost makes up for the loss of the growing space.  Watching other people having to barrow stuff down paths from the road you can forgive the loss of space. There were also pavings already laid (site of an old pigeon loft I'm told) which made the ideal site for a shed. You just have to work around what you inherit I suppose.

scabs

• I love the smell of rhubarb in the morning
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 09:07 »
I'm not sure how big my plot is, though it is a good size.

Overgrown with bramble etc, which the Council cleared out for me.

Fenced and secure gated, toilets, small shop and committee 'hut'; free manure, water supply and skips for rubbish.

Just under £50 per annum. (I think that included the price of my key too.)

Looks expensive compared to some of yours (especially the lucky * paying £2.50!), but it looks like I am perhaps better served in terms of amenities; at under a pound a day, I'm not likely to complain!

Think you'll find its under a pound a week LOL  ::)

I know...!  :tongue2:  Sheesh, you know what I meant.  ::)

woodburner

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 14:43 »
£28.50 for a large, full plot incl. association fee. promptly had a bit of my plot nicked so i'm paying over the odds. gated and fenced though of negligible benefit security-wise. water and petty squabbles ad nauseum thrown in. council owned, self-managed, underfunded. fully let out but half the people turn up once in a blue moon.

If the council have taken part of your plot for other purposes you should have a corresponding reduction in rent, it's not fair if you are paying the same as everyone else but for a smaller plot. :(

Lots of sites have petty squabbles, I've been pretty lucky with all that I've had plots at, but a friend of mine has been hounded into giving up one of her plots! (Different site not related to any that I've been on.)
I demand the right to buy seed of varieties that are not "distinct, uniform and stable".

aubergine

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 18:00 »
£11.50 including water,turned off in winter.Secutity fence and padlocked gates around outside of all the plots,handstanding for parking,but can drive to the plot when it is not too wet.Nice neighbours,no loo :( 10m x30m ish,can not complain really :)

wayne_g

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 18:57 »
I've put something in the chatting on the plot section about this. My council (Redditch - Worcestershire)has put our rent up to £61 for myplot (it's just short of the 10 pole) - this has gone up from£36.80 last year. It includes water but not a lot else.

Babstreefern

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 20:00 »
I have a full plot which is approx 25' x 100' and pay £43 per year which includes insurance.  We have toilets, locked gates (the fencing leaves a lot to be desired).  My plot is at the back, so if I have anything delivered, eg, manure, I have to have it dumped at the car park, and barrow it down the paths between other plot-holders.  We also have a site shop, which is officially open for one hour on a Sunday morning, but if there are any committee members on site (which there usually is) and you wish to get something out of hours, they are happy to get it for you.  We also have water on tap, but again this is alongside the track and we at the back have to connect at least 3 hose pipes to water the plot/fill up our water butts, especially in hot weather(LOL).  We have three skips a year for our rubbish.  Everyone is waiting for our first of the year - it will be full before the end of the first day.  We have also got another skip now for greens, ie, weeds, and other stuff that you don't want in your compost, eg, clubroot from cabbages or blighted spuds. etc.
Babs

cawdor2001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2009, 00:27 »
bout 46 per year
Used to be indecisive, now i'm not so sure...

diggerjoe

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2009, 10:17 »
I get a half plot for £8 - we have water every four plots and a shop - not a bad really as the place is well looked after hedges are trimmed round the site and roads get a re-shale now and then - shop stocks a lot of the heavy stuff like slabs and bags compost so ideal for me with a only a bike - I would pay more just for the sheer joy of growing stuff :)

senrab_nhoj

• Experienced Member
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009, 10:30 »
First year I got for 'free' as it was an overgrown plot when there were others that were in better condition... but in masochistic mode I took the slightly bigger plot next to my actual neighbours !

only had to pay £2.25 association fee. Second year am paying full wack of £15 plus association fee for a half plot... which is fine for our two person household plus I built raised beds in the back garden as thought I'd have to wait to get an allotment.

Water taps and troughs every 4 'full' plots, primitive urinal, low fencing and locked gates... charity allotments and very friendly...

... the old boys did have a laugh at my munty frame but I regained credibility by growing the largest pumpkin on the site in my first year!!!!
Grandpa's lore: The only thing grown early is disappointment

Ian_P

• Experienced Member
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2009, 11:21 »
Parish concil site rented from a local estate. The older allotments are about 20-25mtrs by 8/9mtrs for which we pay £14 a year with two horse troughs amongst the 40 allotments. No fences, locks, skips or toilets, but isn't that what sheds are for.

There are some newer ones which are about half that size, but I don't know how much they pay. They have 1 horse trough to about 20 plots. But they had a very bad deal the plots were supposed to have been rotovated from new last year but in reality all that happened was the grass was scuffed off the top. Mind you that could have been a bonus rotovating could have made it much worse.

I
Ian

Feeding the mini-beasts of Hampshire

upert

• Experienced Member
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2009, 12:11 »
it wasn't the council, woodburner, it was my plot neighbour who thought my plot too big ( i pay for the larger sized plot) and laid her path all along on a recently weeded section of mine. she even took some of my slabs to do it! haha.

Thamesmeadhammer

• Tony & Ali's Allotment
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2009, 13:45 »
My first is a a half plot that is 30 x 10 mtrs, (other plot is Pete C)

Bexley Council, 16 lots, running water, no toilet, decent high fencing and good access sandwiched between private houses and railway line and thats £22 per year

Other plot we plan to take on is roughly the same as above but is sandwiched by public park and cementry :ohmy:
Not sure of facilites or rent.....
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 13:48 by Thamesmeadhammer »

pansy potter

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2009, 15:22 »
We have had our first year rent free due to the state of the plot, and it cost us nearly £100 to have plot ploughed and levelled our rent will be £24 this year.We have locked gates and hedges and some fencing surrounding the plots although local youths sometimes try their luck at mindless vandalism.There is water April to October and there is a community shed with notice boards and parking for the secrataries bike he he!!!.We don't have a loo on site which would be very useful but never mind one of our daughters is only round the corner.

Libby

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2009, 19:41 »
£20 per annum.  Water every three plots, turned off in winter.  Security gates.  Fences back on to back gardens and my fence is missing so that is being replaced for me, free of charge.  No other amenities but only live 2 mins down the road.  Have had very kind members offer to supply tea and coffee as their plot backs onto their house so not too bad at all.  Also, have chickens nearby to keep you amused whilst you dig!  :happy:

xx
massive Allotments Rents rise

Started by jetwiz on Grow Your Own

26 Replies
Last post May 16, 2008, 20:39
by gobs
xx
my plot - new growers plot thanks to advice from you all

Started by pookey on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2007, 19:23
by brucesgirl
xx
My First Plot - Plot 21 is confirmed

Started by SCassin on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 15:04
by Yorkie
xx
just been to plot

Started by mum of 3 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post November 20, 2006, 14:52
by John

Page created in 0.653 seconds with 37 queries.