Plot Rents

• 52 Replies

GreenDavie

Plot Rents
« on: January 30, 2009, 17:05 »
To Everyone!!

There seems to be quite a variation in plot rents throughout the country

What do you pay, What do you get and Where are you?

I'm in Leicestershire and our site has tapped water shared between every three/four plot ends, a cabin with kitchen, tea, coffee, buscuits, squash, cooker, micro', lounge.... granted only open when a committee member is on site but in the popular months thats most of the time. A proper toilet which we all have a key to, rabbit proof fencing all the way round the perimeter and a very tall secure locked gate.

Rent £16 per annum

Hope to see the variation.

Thanks, Davie
Wee, sleekit, cowrin, tim'rous beastie,
O, what a panic's in thy breastie!

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Re: Plot Rents
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 17:08 »
£39.73 per annum in Burnley,Lancs.
Locked gates, fenced and water on tap per 5-8 plots

I wish we had a toilet  :(
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

GreenDavie

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 17:14 »
the toilet is a "god send" especially when your onsite for a few hours and especially for the ladies. Gives them no excuse to have to go home  :) :)

Davie

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 17:20 »
the toilet is a "god send" especially when your onsite for a few hours and especially for the ladies. Gives them no excuse to have to go home  :) :)

Davie

I know!! I dont want an excuse to go home  :(

vegikev

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 17:29 »
hi  :( my plot  has a small rabbit fence, no water, no security. its run by a parish council , has 110 plots, a very busy footpath >:( . there is no toilet and all this for £27. bargain.  8) the upside is i have just moved to a new parish and i started an allotment association which the parish council are very supportive on.  :D just waiting for the land so fingers crossed  we will have a good fence, water and a toilet in the near future.  :happy:
"mission"to grow bigger veg than my brother

woodburner

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 17:38 »
Mine are probably some of the cheapest in the country. ;) I haven't paid anything yet as the first year was free due to being totally overgrown with nettles etc. The coming year will be (I think and assuming no increases,) £20. That's for two plots between 4 and 5 rods each. if I can reclaim the top from the path, by reclaiming the path from the brambles!  :blink: And the bottom corner form a 'squatter'! There's no water, unless you count the very seasonal stream, no loo, and minimal security, it's over 50 yards from the nearest parking too, plus it's in the country.  :)

Oh yes mine is run by a parish council too, well sort of lol. There's only 6 plots.
I demand the right to buy seed of varieties that are not "distinct, uniform and stable".

out4nowt

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 18:02 »
£7-50 per year, water is an extra £14 per year. No facilities other than a low fence around the outside and an access road/track with some car parking.

GreenDavie

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 18:05 »
quite a variation already, its interesting how much of a difference there is, anyone from London got any info'

Davie

beansticks

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 19:23 »
£2.50 per year,i kid you not,20 plots on site,4 water taps available from April to October.Self managed,local authority owned,fenced all around.PARADISE :)

themoog

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 19:33 »
I paid £15 for a quarter plot last year (about 3.5m x 8m I think). We've a locked site, water to serve 4 or 5 full size plots and a very nice and accomodating council allotment officer  :).

Some lucky people have managed to get a shed, raised beds, paths etc left by the previous tennant but I chose a good spot over facilities, which I hope will pay off next year (my second on the plot)  :unsure:.
My music teacher was right. If you have to make a mistake, make it good and big and loud; with a bit of luck people will think that it was always meant to be like that.

nicchick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 19:37 »
£2.20 a year. There's a well for water and the only rule is you don't mess with anyone's land. Total Bargain!

cornykev

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 20:26 »
Hi all my rent is £40.80 for 6 poles that includes the water charge, we have basic toilets, fencing, locked gates and I can park right next to my plot, I am in Enfield, North London.        :) :) :)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU

titch

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 20:36 »
going to get ours in march - £60 per year, normal fence  no lav,  (i dont think anyhoo, but could walk home in 5 mins) water i think, thats probably it - but its rented land from a private owner by the newly formed allotment assoc, part funded by the parish council - there is no where for allotments so we had to find a chap who wanted to rent - i know its high but happy to pay it as without it i can only grow a little in my garden, not enought to feed us well
just keep breathing................

titch

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 20:37 »
he he and i dont even know how big it is - regular lottie size someone said - whats that in square meters?

vegikev

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 20:42 »
he he and i dont even know how big it is - regular lottie size someone said - whats that in square meters?
a standard plot is 10sq rods in todays money thats about 250sq metres ;)

xx
massive Allotments Rents rise

Started by jetwiz on Grow Your Own

26 Replies
Last post May 16, 2008, 20:39
by gobs
xx
my plot - new growers plot thanks to advice from you all

Started by pookey on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2007, 19:23
by brucesgirl
xx
My First Plot - Plot 21 is confirmed

Started by SCassin on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 15:04
by Yorkie
xx
new plot - now what?

Started by Charityuk on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post March 19, 2012, 14:53
by Christine

Page created in 0.491 seconds with 36 queries.