using woodchips

• 2 Replies

karlooben

using woodchips
« on: January 25, 2009, 17:31 »
i am hoping to get a truck load of woodchip deleived and sometimes it can have chopped up bits of conifer an a few other plants in it , would the bits of conifer harm the girls. i know the guy has always told me that its fine for path ways but its to fresh to place around plants for mulching like some ppl use it for .

i got to put woodchip down in the run { thick coating of it } as the mud is going beyond a joke now  :( .

also i got brave an have brought a rat bait box its something i am not happy with at all but i have to concider someone on the site, even though the ppl i have spoken to havent been bothered at all that theres been the odd rat in the run.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

AndyRVTR

using woodchips
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 18:43 »
Hi.. I have just put a load of fresh brk/wood chippings down in my new run this afternoon. I have made quite a lot of enquiries regarding the same thing, and I have found that there is a mixed response. a few of the 'old guys' on the plot have used this for years without any problems. When I collected my hens yesterday, I did ask that same question
to the supplier and he said there should be no problems. Maybe someone will be along soon with another answer.

karlooben

using woodchips
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 18:47 »
i have read that some things are not good for them but i cant quite remember what.

theres a guy on my site who would probably know but i never see him.
thing is i got to wait until the ground drys as we cant get a truck into the site at the mo , this weather is driving me nuts .

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 36 queries.