Anyone else keep a journal?

• 18 Replies

little sweetpeas

• Experienced Member
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 20:34 »
Yes I've started to keep a weekly record just tor efer to so i can see what i've achieved or not, taking some pictures as well. I'm doing it with my three infant children in mind it would be nice to look back through a scrap book with them.
Try my best to be Organic but don't always make it

Trillium

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 20:51 »
I used to keep my 'records' in my head, but now that all my gardens, both veg and flower, have grown so large, and still growing, I'd need a much bigger head!  :lol:  So I'm investing in a 10 year garden journal available from a top end stockist. Normally I don't spend this kind of money, but it will keep things all together rather than in small books and notes all over the place, and remind me to records things such as weather, dates, etc. I'll also write in exactly where I planted certain plants that are slow starters before I start digging that same, currently empty looking, space for something new.  Weather patterns tend to be cyclical, good and bad years for certain crops, eg the year potatoes are good then carrots aren't, etc. Same with particular bug problems which are frequently weather related. Memory's a great thing - if you can be sure you'll always find it.  :wink:

frazzy

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 21:02 »
nope i,m lazy i do a yearly plan so i try and rotate my crops and thats it .
journals are a  brilliant idea good to refer to in later years but as i said thats to much hard work for me
Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.  byJohn Burroughs:

Bobby T

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2007, 21:13 »
MC   Gardening on the Tropic of Nantwich some 35 mls. east. When I took my allotment two years I found our hosts diary site.This was pre forum days but I found Johns common sense approach suited me fine.Any success I have had since is due to reading his diary and these colmns. Maybe your own Blog will help and inspire some other budding grower in the future.Best of luck and thanks to all.      Bob.

xx
Allotment Journal - What to put in it?

Started by lisajpickering on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post May 28, 2009, 23:37
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.425 seconds with 30 queries.