Bumble is sneezing

• 2 Replies

honeypot

Bumble is sneezing
« on: December 27, 2008, 14:48 »
:( Hope everyone has had a merry Christmas. Mine not so merry as my poor Bumble (aka oven ready because of her lack of feathers) is constantly sneezing. She is 1 of 3 ex battery hens that we rescued in August,unfortunately her feathers haven't grown back but more worrying is the fact she has been sneezing for about 3 months. Bumble doesn't appear ill & is very happy sorting the other girls & chasing the 2 dogs around the garden. Apart from knitting her a coat can anyone suggest why she is 'bald' & what I can do to stop the atishoos. Hope someone out there can help my little lady. Love Honeypot .......ps my other girls are called Queenie, Honey, Bee, & Hivey
Honeypot

monarch

Bumble is sneezing
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 17:07 »
I once had a chicken like this and found a grass seed lodged in a nostril I was able to remove it with help from a neighbour and a two toohpicks. It is worth investigating especially if the hen has been near long grass or new nest or floor coverings have been installed.
If you can't catch it grow it!!

PagesPoultry

Bumble is sneezing
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 20:48 »
Hi there,

It sounds like your hen might have the start of microplasma which is like a cold in chickens. Is there any other symptoms like mucas in the nostrels or going off lay? It can be treated quite easily with antibiotics and good if you can catch it early. This seems to be quite common at the moment with all the horrible weather we are having.

xx
Bumble

Started by Pedro Henrique on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 02, 2009, 16:18
by poppies
xx
could it be bumble foot

Started by phil-c on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 04, 2011, 07:04
by joyfull
xx
Bumble Foot ???

Started by pammie on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 17, 2011, 21:17
by pammie
xx
Dead Bumble

Started by treacle on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 06, 2009, 10:35
by treacle

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 36 queries.