No eggies?????

• 3 Replies

matilda duck

No eggies?????
« on: December 19, 2008, 10:51 »
For the last 3 weeks we have had only 3 eggs from 4 hens!!!  Mine laid when everyone elses were slowing down...we were having 4 a day!!!

I have checked for mites of any kind especially after introducing the 2 new girls who had mites ( not red ones thank god)..... I have poultry sheilded everything and the girls have been covered in mite powder just incase????

Are they just not laying cause its the winter or should I be looking for something???  They are all well, eating, drinking and the rest.... little monkeys.......

Bodger

No eggies?????
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 11:21 »
Hi
Winter eggs are always a little more difficult to persuade your chickens to part with than those that they lay in the other seasons.
Its probably the shortening days and the cold that has put them off lay.

Lardman

No eggies?????
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 11:23 »
Id have a word with them MD. Don't they know you need the eggs for breakfast  :D

When I introduced Tarzan, Lunch became very erratic with her eggs. I assumed it caused a bit of stress and that was a side effect. Its taken 2 weeks for everything to settle back to normal.  It could just be all the hassle they've had over the last month.

Im still getting 2 eggs a day although they're certainly not 25hours apart.

matilda duck

No eggies?????
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 11:26 »
It's not just breakfast!!!  I need to do some baking with Christmas round the corner!!! Don't think I could buy eggs it just doesn't seem right :(  :(

xx
Eggies ????

Started by matilda duck on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 30, 2008, 12:28
by matilda duck
xx
Poland eggies

Started by Jellyhead on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 15, 2008, 19:20
by agapanthus
xx
Duck eggies

Started by Jellyhead on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 25, 2008, 11:41
by Jellyhead

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 36 queries.