question for Jellybean, please

• 10 Replies

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« on: December 18, 2008, 19:51 »
Hi Jellybean, and other Brits living in France, hope this is allowed, i'm new to this site. I am having trouble getting hold of wormer and other antibiotics that donr have a long time egg withdrawal , i've been told i cant order on the net as no-one can deliver, i dont have anyone travelling backwards and forwards, i just wondered if you can shed any light, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
             Kitkat
We have 17 chickens, 3 quail, 2 dogs, 3 cats and that's enough (for this week)

Jellyhead

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 21:14 »
Bonsoir, for anti coccidiosis you need Biaprim and the wormer is called Capizol. Both available from the vets. It depends on what type of antibiotic you need, my vet is really good and will leave injections for me to pick up based on what I tell him is wrong. All the drugs are very reasonable here.
Where abouts are you KitKat. I am near Bergerac dept. 47
 :wink:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 21:29 »
Hi Jellybean, thanks for replying, we are in dept. 87, haut vienne. Bout 2 hours from you OH said. You must have a good vet, they aren't very good here, i'm afraid, they have tried but keep telling me they only see dead chooks for autopsy. At least now i can go to the vets with a name for wormer. I've only started keeping chooks this year so am learning all the time and without these forums i'd be stuck.
         P.s All my neighbours think i'm mad, they keep chooks as well but aren't pets, 'm backwards and forwards to the garden all the time.[I've heard them making chicken noises at me he he]
             Thanks Kitkat :lol:

Jellyhead

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 21:32 »
Hello again, yes I am very lucky with the vet which is just as well cos I have 12 cats now, 5 dogs, 2 guineas (till the morra) 2 pet turkeys, 2 ducks and dozens of chooks :wink: very hard to turn anything away and little kitties have a habit of finding me :roll:

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 21:51 »
Wow, and i thought i had a handful. Thats a whole load of poop! We came over 5 years ago with 1 dog. We went back 2 years later for a funeral and came back with another, as for kittens they are everywhere in summer aren't they? I've taken in i dont know how many, and they always have cat flu, i've rehomed most but still ended up with 3. Its the chooks i'm addicted to, OH keeps theatening to put me a bed in with them, he might as well its cleaner than this house! Funny thing is he wanted them and i resisted for 2 years as garden is over the road, i gave i and bought him 3 in June, he was chuffed but now he doesn't bother at all and i keep wanting more, i'm after a cream legbar next. Sorry, are asleep yet :oops:

Jellyhead

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 19:38 »
thats sort of how I started too. Came here with 1 dog (was always gonna have more tho) and 4 cats :? as for the birds, well its an addictive hobby............I believe :roll:  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:

Jellyhead

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 17:10 »
oh and not forgetting Pneumobiotique, a pack of, again from the vets, its for colds and mild respiratory problems, goes in the water and doses all of them if need be :wink:

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 17:30 »
Thanks Jellyhead i actually have that but doesn't it say egg withdrawal is 4 weeks, i'd use if i had to but thats a lot of eggs, have all of yours carried on laying over winter or even come in to lay like mine?
        One other thing if i may take advantage, can you sell your eggs from the gate , i have a few who take them , but some people have said i cant put up a sign, and i get up to 9 a day as 9 are in lay. Thankyou.
         Kitkat

ceri green

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 18:12 »
jelly...is it the guineas or the pet turkeys that you only got till the morra? :?  :? ....i can't imagine the guineas will mkae much of an Christmas dinner but you refer to the turkeys as pets...................

ceri green

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 18:13 »
ps sorry to hijack your thread kitkat! :lol:

Jellyhead

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 20:02 »
Hi, well my vet said 5 days withdrawal UNLESS you are selling the eggs and then its 4 weeks. I have always done just that and been fine. Some of mine have carried on laying but no where near as many. As for selling eggs at the gate I understand that you cant advertise and but I am not sure legally, you know what its like here :roll:

Ceri, not sure when I said only got them till the morra, I think I said or at least meant that I was gonna get more the morra, and did :wink:  two more guineas see me what dya reckon topic in chicken chat :wink:  and my turkeys are pets, I shall be giving them special Christmas treats on the day, Terence and Delilah are great and will always be my pets :wink:

xx
poo cleaning...a how to question??? oh, and another smaller question

Started by boybrown on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post May 03, 2010, 14:40
by hillfooter
xx
A different question??

Started by Andy J on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post July 29, 2008, 08:42
by Roughlee Handled
xx
Egg Question

Started by RICH_Chicken on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 21, 2013, 17:51
by ANHBUC
xx
A question

Started by katanadan on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post March 12, 2010, 17:54
by hillfooter

Page created in 0.985 seconds with 28 queries.