Can you help me?

• 10 Replies

chrissyboy1

Can you help me?
« on: February 25, 2007, 13:53 »
Hi,

Can you help me?   I want to do a 42 day juice/herbal tea fast.   It is called the "Breuss Cancer Cure"  (Breuss was an Austrian Naturopath).

I now have all the herbal teas and am ready to start the fast.    I have a problem with making the juice though.   The juice is carrot, beetroot,  celeriac and black radish.

Everything apart from the black radish is available from the Supermarkets but I don't think these vegetables make the grade.     Goodness knows how long they have been stored under gas.  

I have found I can obtain black radish fairly easily - I can get it from the local vegetable wholesaler here in Newbury.   It comes straight from Covent Garden (and I think it orginates in Italy).   I have not been able to obtain organic black radish though.

I will be eating and drinking nothing else but this juice for 42 days so I really want to get the freshest,   organicallly grown produce to make the juice.  

Do you know anyone who can sell me  really fresh,  organic versions of all or even just one of these:

carrot,  beetroot,  celeriac,  black radish

I really will be extremely grateful for your help.

Cheers Chris Parkinson

WG.

Re: Can you help me?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 14:01 »
Quote from: "chrissyboy1"
Do you know anyone who can sell me  really fresh,  organic versions of all or even just one of these:

Hi Chris, its not the ideal time of year for veg but my guess is that the timing is not of your choosing.

It is at the opposite end of the country but if all else fails, I know a place in Forres which grades organic carrots for supermarkets.  Let me know if you need a phone number.  They also sell off broken ones cheap and if they are for juicing then this might work for you.

Shipping cost should be around £8 - £10 for up to 25kg.

chrissyboy1

Re: Can you help me?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 14:16 »
Quote from: "whisky_golf"

Hi Chris, its not the ideal time of year for veg but my guess is that the timing is not of your choosing.

It is at the opposite end of the country but if all else fails, I know a place in Forres which grades organic carrots for supermarkets.  Let me know if you need a phone number.  They also sell off broken ones cheap and if they are for juicing then this might work for you.

Shipping cost should be around £8 - £10 for up to 25kg.

Hi David,

That sounds promising.   A phone number would be great!  

I believe you can keep carrots (and other root vegetables) fresh in damp sand.   Does anyone know anything about this?   What kind of sand do I use and how damp should the sand be?  How do I dampen the sand/carrots if the sand dries out?

Cheers Chris

muntjac

Can you help me?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 14:20 »
compost is better than sand . use a pint water to 4 kilos of compost , cover with a plastic bin liner ,check ewvery 2 weeks and if its dry spray with a watering can and rose to dampen the surface again
still alive /............

Smudgeboy

• Experienced Member
Can you help me?
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 14:28 »
Chris

There's obviously companies like Abel & Cole - who do organic veg delivery from online oredring (Abel & Cole).

They have set boxes and stuff, but I have spoken to their customer service line on many occasions and they are extremely nice and extremely helpful.

If you perhaps call them and see if they can do a "custom" box with just your weekly requirements, you may have some luck.

Best of luck.
Veg? That's chips, innit?

chrissyboy1

Can you help me?
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 15:23 »
Quote from: "Smudgeboy"
Chris

There's obviously companies like Abel & Cole -

Best of luck.

Hi Smudgeboy,

I had thought of companies like Abel & Cole.   It would be nice to get the stuff from source.    I'm worried that the stuff might have been cold  stored under gas which I think is pretty prevalent.

Cheers Chris

chrissyboy1

Can you help me?
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 15:25 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
compost is better than sand . use a pint water to 4 kilos of compost , cover with a plastic bin liner ,check ewvery 2 weeks and if its dry spray with a watering can and rose to dampen the surface again

Hi Muntjac,

Thanks for that.    How long can you keep the vegetables like that?

Cheers Chris

WG.

Can you help me?
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 15:53 »

Hi Muntjac,

Cheers Chris

It will be temperature dependant but it seems to me that you will be going through them pretty quickly if their juice is your sole food intake.   I have sent address by PM.

muntjac

Can you help me?
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 18:31 »
Quote from: "whisky_golf"

Hi Muntjac,

Cheers Chris

It will be temperature dependant but it seems to me that you will be going through them pretty quickly if their juice is your sole food intake.   I have sent address by PM.

absolutly its no good for storage if you are going to be using them at the rate suggested .id buy weekly supplies .incidently it takes about 15 x 6 inch carrots to make a decent cup of carrot juice , made carrot wine .yuck

fluffypebble

Can you help me?
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 18:37 »
I ended up accidentally drinking some of my (not yet ready) carrot wine whilst racking it, I thought it was rather nice.
http://10.UploadMirror.com/uploaded/1/646/glitter_maker_03_04_2007_03_32_52_22128.gif[/img]

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
A weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend.

muntjac

Can you help me?
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 18:50 »
minwe was a year old n hidden in the engine room valve locker  :wink:

Page created in 0.425 seconds with 37 queries.