Freecycle - dont you just love it.

• 220 Replies

Beetroot queen

Re: Freecycle - dont you just love it.
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2010, 21:41 »
I got my knuckles rapped on our freecycle site :ohmy:I live on the boundary between 2 areas and I posted the same offer on both, I got an email from the moderator from one of them telling me that I had broken the rules and I will be banned if I post on both sites again :mad:

A case of power going to someones head.

digalotty

« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2010, 21:41 »
you fugutive  :D
when im with my 9yr old she's the sensible one

Poolfield2

« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2010, 22:50 »
I really can't see the problem, we live in a rural area and so low population density and the major towns in each group are about 7 miles away in opposite directions and I get interest from them both. If I only post on one more stuff will end up at the tip ::)

plum crumble

« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2010, 23:42 »
but I post on the Windsor & Maidenhead and Slough Freegle groups all the time, no probs! Can't see why they hae an issue with it
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

ktdelain

• ktdelain
« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2010, 23:47 »
I got my knuckles rapped on our freecycle site :ohmy:I live on the boundary between 2 areas and I posted the same offer on both, I got an email from the moderator from one of them telling me that I had broken the rules and I will be banned if I post on both sites again :mad:

Surely they must be registered and use both to realise you had posted on both?!! seems a bit hypocritical!  :tongue2: and likewise can't really see the problem, its up to the users to choose who and whether the accept offers etc!!

I too have post on a couple as there are loads round here, and no problems...yet

Off to pick/dig up a grape vine tomo! :D
To the Beemobile!

supervegman

« Reply #185 on: April 07, 2010, 07:58 »
Tell m about it i got nearly a tonne of shigle and 10 by greenhouse and bricks as well.  A ll i have paid for is the brickie to buid the base out of free bricks.

madcat

« Reply #186 on: April 07, 2010, 11:19 »
but I post on the Windsor & Maidenhead and Slough Freegle groups all the time, no probs! Can't see why they hae an issue with it

People around here - another rural area - post on adjacent areas if they are at the edges.  Its no big deal ...  after all, it is a gift you are making, you can give it to whom you like.  Or not.
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2010, 11:41 »
I am on several freecycle/freegle sites but here the ruling is that you should only post the item on one site at a time - if the item hasn't been taken after a couple of weeks then you can post it on another site.
Staffies are softer than you think.

digalotty

« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2010, 12:34 »
yes i was going to suggest that you leave it a few days then post on the other to keep little hitler happy

Poolfield2

« Reply #189 on: April 08, 2010, 22:49 »
Apparently all freecycle sites theoretically have the same rule, you should post on one site and if after 2 or 3 days it hasn't gone you can post on another.

I asked why and it is to save the moderators some work as every post has to be approved before display and they reckoned that a third of the posts were being double posted.

I'll be a good girl but it is slower and I'm impatient. ::)

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
« Reply #190 on: April 09, 2010, 12:29 »
I moderate for freegle and we couldnt give a monkeys if its on another site at the same time!  If you have something to gift its better than going to the tip so as long as it gets a good home...

digalotty

« Reply #191 on: April 09, 2010, 17:21 »
yes min i think thats a good attitude to have :)

Mosslane

• andjakemakes3
« Reply #192 on: April 09, 2010, 20:07 »
Listed the bricks that were taken out of our new fireplace. A lovely lady came to collect them and it turns out she is a member on here too so we had a nice chat and a cuppa :)
The reward of a thing well done is to have done it....

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #193 on: April 09, 2010, 20:12 »

tell me about it I live 200 yds from the city boundary & 15 miles from Mkt Harborough and you can guess which site I have to post on  ::)
I use realcycle now instead and I'm unmoderated on their so most of my stuff goes that way.

But some of the people you meet are great, cups of tea are offered etc. I've even had seedling's given to me from someone who was collecting stuff, just bought them with them as a thanks

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Elcie

« Reply #194 on: April 09, 2010, 21:12 »

I do that quite a lot RichyRich, I think I read it on here somewhere.  Take along some seedlings, some eggs from my chickens, a jar of home made jam, anything really just to say thank you for the item and people seem genuinely pleased.

tell me about it I live 200 yds from the city boundary & 15 miles from Mkt Harborough and you can guess which site I have to post on  ::)
I use realcycle now instead and I'm unmoderated on their so most of my stuff goes that way.

But some of the people you meet are great, cups of tea are offered etc. I've even had seedling's given to me from someone who was collecting stuff, just bought them with them as a thanks

xx
What is going on with Freecycle?

Started by Salmo on Frugal Living

10 Replies
Last post March 03, 2010, 16:07
by lisa80
xx
freecycle

Started by evie2 on Frugal Living

12 Replies
Last post November 22, 2010, 20:19
by ex-cavator
xx
Freecycle

Started by Jeanieblue on Frugal Living

47 Replies
Last post July 26, 2007, 18:51
by wildeone
xx
Freecycle

Started by EzLou on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post September 18, 2007, 10:06
by new_2_veg

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 28 queries.