Preperation for a woodburner?

• 32 Replies

Leisurely

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 20:56 »
Happy New Year to all.
I have been doing some searching and have found that Morso’s squirrel 1412 woodburner is suitable for smokeless zone use. Have any of you experience with this stove? Also how does the flue pipe attach does it just slide on? Thankyou.

5thhorseman

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2009, 21:05 »
I've just finished installing the 1412 model and have been running it about a week.

The flue pipe slides right in, but you need to use some fire rope and fire cement to make an airtight seal.

duckling

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 16:41 »
We have a log burner and we love it.  We have hardly had to have our heating on because it is sooooooo good.  We only burn waste wood from our work and also waste from the building of our timber framed house.  

We try and maxmise its other uses as well by drying ALL our washing in front of it over night - its aired also by the morning and you can put it straight away.  We also boil our kettle on it for all teas and coffees and for washing up (saves using the expensive hot water system), we cook all our veg on it in the presure cooker and boil all the rice on it (we cook around 4 kgs per week to feed the dogs on).  We also make toast on it, heat through pies on a wire rack, cook stews.  So many things. :D

I'm sure there's a book in it somewhere on all the different uses you can have for a log burner. :wink:
1 x Hubby, 2 x dogs, 6 x chooks and one big garden - Loving Life

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 36 queries.