Bad weather warning

• 3 Replies

DANNY

Bad weather warning
« on: November 19, 2008, 21:05 »
Well Im pleased to say Ive finished both assembling and treating the  wood and errecting all 3  rose arches over a pathway, that was yesterday and to day Ive planted 6 climbing roses , all have fish/blood/and bone feed and Ive got a straw mulch ready to go on top,

As Ive said befor we live in France but I still get Sky T.V. and I like watching the news and weather and tonight on the BBC.weather forcast it said tomorrow is the last of the milder weather in the u.k by Friday a really cold spell,s on its way.

It,s funny in a way because here in the heart of the french countryside you soon learn to listern to the older country folk and 9 out of 10 times what they have to say is correct,
As I was planting my roses my dog "Sam" looked up to the sky and gave a sort of grumble, its his way of talking and I looked up to see a sight I see every year "hundreds of birds (geese) flying south for the winter,
it,s a smashing sight to see, One of the old farmers was walking past and said hello, and then he pointed to the sky and said by the next 7 days we,ll have our first frost, maybe light snow.

Tomorrow I,ll put that straw mulch over the roses.
KEEN GARDENER ENJOYS ALL ASPECS OF THE COUNTRYSIDE

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Bad weather warning
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 21:26 »
The first frost brrrrrr

But I love the cold weather because I can snuggle up on the settee with my gardening books or my fave forum and count my lucky stars for everything Ive got done at the lotty  :D

And that 'ahhhh' moment when you get into a warm bed from your leccy blanket

I really miss the birds though, especially the starlings...my bird table used to be a hive of industry,but now its so lonesome :-(

Paula
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

garddwr

Bad weather warning
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 21:36 »
hope my greenhouse stays up  :D

Trillium

Bad weather warning
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 22:01 »
We think with our fancy meterology stuff that we can predict the weather and whatnot, but I've always found the old folk noticing what happens around them is far more accurate. Critters are early reactors to weather change and if you can recognize those signs, you'll be spot on. I noticed suddenly my racing pigeons were going bananas for sunflower seeds about 3 weeks ago. We got our first snowfall about 1-1/2 weeks later and it keeps getting heavier now - about 10" so far  :(

xx
Weather Warning: Apparently frost is on the way.

Started by scentedstock on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post January 30, 2008, 20:29
by richyrich7
xx
weather

Started by beatrice on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post September 19, 2008, 09:33
by richyrich7
xx
bleedin' weather :(

Started by mushroom on General Gardening

19 Replies
Last post February 01, 2008, 12:27
by Rob the rake
xx
Watch the weather !!

Started by richyrich7 on General Gardening

11 Replies
Last post May 16, 2008, 10:53
by PinkTequila

Page created in 0.424 seconds with 30 queries.