Compost Cooking??

• 32 Replies

compostqueen

Compost Cooking??
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2008, 14:15 »
That's the one !  Yes I reckon I'll do that.  I've got loads of leaflets etc and I'm currently making information packs for newbies to our site

We lost our subsidy on the bins though much to my annoyance and I'm trying to get it back. It seems that with the introduction of the green bins that emphasis on home composting has disappeared and folks are just sending all their compostibles away  :(   Ours have gone up from £8 to £20 and folks just aren't buying them which seems a right shame to me, so I'm lobbying  :D

We always invite the Recycle now peeps to our lotty open days but I think the message isn't getting through and folks will spend ages wheeling round their green bins from home, dumping their lotty stuff in them, and wheeling it all home again, to be disposed of  :?:  :?:  :?:  Madness  :!:

Christine

Compost Cooking??
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2008, 15:22 »
And here's me arresting passing compost bins in that situation compostqueen!

You know how it is mind - compost stinks and attracts vermin and and makes the place untidy!! Do you think that these people can sew on buttons and mend rips, sew up hems, take their shoes to be resoled and use up their left overs as a new meal?  :roll:

compostqueen

Compost Cooking??
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 16:46 »
:D  their loss though

I was thinking this afto, as I was prepping loads of my homegrown veggies, that us veg growers (who actually cook with what we grow) must make the most compost.  I had loads of peelings and veg tops when I'd finished, all destined for the compo bin, and that was just one meal  :D  Got chickens now as well so nothing goes to waste and poo for the compost too

Have you heard the latest that Defra is on about imposing a licence fee on composting, not home composting, but apparently it's proposed that schools etc will be included, if the proposed legislation goes ahead that is.  It was in the Organic Gardening Mag

Has the world gone mad  :roll:

clip
Compost

Started by mdjlucan on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post April 18, 2021, 19:00
by New shoot
xx
Compost Bin

Started by thecakebaker on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post May 29, 2012, 09:10
by compostqueen
xx
Compost

Started by Batesy on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post May 03, 2018, 20:59
by Veg Plot 1B
xx
Compost

Started by mdjlucan on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post July 26, 2022, 19:43
by New shoot

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 36 queries.