its pouring down !!

• 12 Replies

tracy-fuerteventura

• Experienced Member
its pouring down !!
« on: November 01, 2008, 10:57 »
well its absoultly peeing down and blowing a gale.. :(  i really need to get out there to at least check that all is well but i am afraid i dont like getting soaked to the bone..
so whats a girl to do ?? i am firstly going to go through my seed collection and list what i have and what i need to buy then a look through some seed cataluges then no idea !!! so what do you all do on a day like this ?

DIGGER

its pouring down !!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 11:37 »
Sit bored and moan,read a book and sleep.

mikem

• Experienced Member
its pouring down !!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 13:54 »
When I was in Fuerteventura last month they told me it only rained 2 days a year, we had one day and now you have the other so you should be OK for another 12 months!  In view of the temperature I suggest you just put your bikini on and enjoy the rain!

P.S. Lovely day here, cold but the sun out! :D

tracy-fuerteventura

• Experienced Member
its pouring down !!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 14:14 »
i wish it was only 2 days a year mind you my veggies are loving the rain just been out to check on everything and my spring onions have started to show and most looks ok but wind has blown off the flowers on my aubergines so thats a bummer !!! hope you enjoyed your stay did you go down south to our wonderful garden centre its the largest in the canary islands and its fab

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Re: its pouring down !!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 14:17 »
Quote from: "tracy-fuerteventura"
so what do you all do on a day like this ?

Sit and bore everyone here  :oops:  :oops:

Paula
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

mikem

• Experienced Member
its pouring down !!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 14:50 »
i wish it was only 2 days a year mind you my veggies are loving the rain just been out to check on everything and my spring onions have started to show and most looks ok but wind has blown off the flowers on my aubergines so thats a bummer !!! hope you enjoyed your stay did you go down south to our wonderful garden centre its the largest in the canary islands and its fab

I did go down south and had a great time but thought that I shouldn't attempt to get my wife to visit a garden centre on our holiday, divorces cost too much! :lol:

tracy-fuerteventura

• Experienced Member
its pouring down !!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 15:12 »
haha...... did you like the island people seem to either love or hate it ?

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Re: its pouring down !!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 15:55 »
Quote from: "peapod"
so what do you all do on a day like this ?

Sit and bore everyone here  :oops:  :oops:

Paula

I just read that back!
I meant I bore everyone not you!!  :oops:  :oops:

Paula

tracy-fuerteventura

• Experienced Member
its pouring down !!
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 16:16 »
none of us are boring anyway !! just being bored is hard enough when we all know there is loads to do x

mikem

• Experienced Member
its pouring down !!
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 17:16 »
haha...... did you like the island people seem to either love or hate it ?

Whilst it is "somewhat barren" I go for the sun and to have some really good food.  I stayed at the Hotel Jandia which doesn't look much from the outside but it was first class, lovely rooms, wonderful food and entertainment.  Nice walks in the evening along beside the sea for a pint and then back again all in nice warm temperatures.  It was my second time on the Island, we went to Costa Calma last time.

tracy-fuerteventura

• Experienced Member
its pouring down !!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 17:28 »
how come you stayed down south with the germans most brits stay in either caleta or corralejo....or was that the whole idea to get away from british tourist and do something different ???

mikem

• Experienced Member
its pouring down !!
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 17:56 »
how come you stayed down south with the germans most brits stay in either caleta or corralejo....or was that the whole idea to get away from british tourist and do something different ???

Costa Calma was a last minute booking and it looked OK with a magnificent beach; it was full of Germans and hardly any other Brits.  We went out on the bus to Jandia whilst we were there and it looked OK although a bit "touristy".  

Having had a lot of rain lately and wanting a bit of sun on my body I booked another late holiday 2 weeks before we went and I thought (but you can put me right) that the South had better beaches.  As it turned out however we spent most of the time around the pool rather than the beach; too many naturists that had far better bodies than me on the beach!  However there were quite a lot of Brits there which made it a bit easier to converse as my German knowledge is up to normal Brit standards i.e. nil.  Happy to take recommendations of where to stay for my next visit.  By the way are taxi drivers exempt from the speed limits and are they allowed to drive on any side of the road?

tracy-fuerteventura

• Experienced Member
its pouring down !!
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 18:13 »
taxi drivers are a law unto their own dont konw how they get away with it as the guardia are really strict on speeding !!!
anyway you are correct the beaches down south are very good .the beach in caleta is nice but man made and very safe i work in the town and its ideal if you want nice beach good hotels and plenty of places to eat.corralejo has the amazing nature park not  nuddies but protected sand dunes (stunning) but the town itself is very much blackpool in the sun.if you do come again just message me with resort and hotel and i will give you an honest opinion ive lived here 10 years now and love it to bits so any info you want just let me know.

Page created in 0.406 seconds with 36 queries.