I'm in tears ......

• 25 Replies

matilda duck

I'm in tears ......
« on: November 01, 2008, 09:30 »
I let the ducks out yesterday morning watched them roaming around the garden.... Come last night I couldn't get the monkeys in the coop.  They had gone under the shed which is meshed 3 sides round and ony accesable from the back... Jemima had the sense to go in and called the others but to no avail... so i waited a while thinking they would put themselves to bed... ..no chance.  So we took the decision we would have to leave them out as they were safe where they were.  This morning opened pen hello chickens hello duck.......no ducks in the garden?????  Shouted ..... nothing  .......then after looking and noticing jemima was going mad quacking but nothing from the others............saw       Feathers lots of them and a few bones... :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: My ducks!!!!!!!!!  The blooming fox has eaten them...... I have never felt so guilty! it's all my fault I should have tried harder..... Alistair 7 is gutted he loved jeremy mary 3 doesn't understand she just thinks they've gone for a walk........ :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Vember

I'm in tears ......
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 09:35 »
:cry:

Oh Matilda Duck

I'm so sorry  :cry:

Sarah x

matilda duck

I'm in tears ......
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 09:36 »
Thanks sarah  :cry:

Spadefighter

I'm in tears ......
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 09:41 »
First, sorry to hear this :( what a nightmare. Dont blame yourself, these things happen and you have to accept the bad with the good now and again.

I bet you gave them the best life they could have wished for! As for the kiddies, part of the reason for keeping animals is to teach them that food doesnt spring from Tesco shelves all by itself and that nature is a tough and sometimes violent force. Hope this helps even a tiny bit.

Kate and her Ducks

I'm in tears ......
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 09:41 »
Oh God Matilda Duck, I am so sorry, it is awful, isn't it.

The weather and season change really seems to have brought a whole spate of these attacks. Presumabley their regular diet has dried up.

I know it doesn't make it any easier but you are not alone and I'm sending you and Jemmima lots of hugs.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

matilda duck

I'm in tears ......
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 09:44 »
How are your ducks???????  Hope they get better I have been thinking of you and them :cry:

Jellyhead

I'm in tears ......
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 09:48 »
Oh Matilda I am so sorry. It really was a bad 24 hours, my friend got up yesterday morning to the same thing, 2 ducks and 3 chooks, one of which was a frizzle cock that she was really fond of. Was the same friend that had to look at the cat for me. She was devastated too.
Great big hugs from over here :cry:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
I'm in tears ......
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 10:43 »
Oh that's terrible matilda.   :cry:

Hawkins

I'm in tears ......
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 11:01 »
Oh no Matilda, Am so sorry. After the last few days with kate and You I think I just want to cry. I'm stuck in work untill 7 tonight but now all i want to dois go home and cuddle my girls.

My thoughts are with you, So So sorry. :cry:
 :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Em
Em  

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
I'm in tears ......
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 11:11 »
what a total nightmare.... thoughts are with you MD... *hugs*

too many girls

I'm in tears ......
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 11:36 »
so so sorry about your ducks, i had the fox kill 30 of my ex barn hens in one go, i cried for days, i know the guilt feeling but it wasn't your fault, how were you to know this would happen, don't blame yourself.

poultrygeist

I'm in tears ......
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 12:16 »
Really sorry matilda.  :(

Don't know what to say that hasn't been said.

Rob

babe

• elvis king of chooks
I'm in tears ......
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 12:19 »

Bodger

I'm in tears ......
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2008, 12:51 »
I know it doesn't help but we've all been there and will be there again no doubt. :cry:

Kate and her Ducks

I'm in tears ......
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2008, 13:02 »
I agree, I have been assessing all the things I can do to make sure they are safe in the future and unless I lock them in the small, secure pen 24/7 and only let them out when I am there, there will always be some risk. I didn't get my ducks to 'battery farm' them so they will continue to free range during the day and I will have to accept the risk that presents to them and do what I can to minimise it.

sad
HELP!! Awfully bullying!! I've been in tears!!

Started by freebirdy on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post September 09, 2011, 11:11
by cejx

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 36 queries.