cost of a plot?

• 52 Replies

Comfry_Kid

cost of a plot?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 00:24 »
Forgot to mention - my plot comes with free slugs!!!

beansticks

cost of a plot?
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 07:51 »
My plot is approx 9mts x35mts and i am ashamed to say it only costs £2.50 a year,which includes water on tap.When i first joined 3 years ago the 1st year was free.Ours is a self managed site,yet owned by the local authority.

FatGaz

• Experienced Member
cost of a plot?
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 13:37 »
:shock:  wow
:mrgreen:   GAZ   :mrgreen:

wellingtons

The last time someone asked ...
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 14:16 »
... this I'd just had my bill so I could remember.  I think it's about £30 for the year, but that includes mains water and the use of a petrol lawnmower and strimmer.  We also get large deliveries of free bark chippings and compost from the council and we get free deliveries of old pallets (courtesy of moi!).  On pondering I think its £27!

My plot is 10 rods, but I have no idea what that actually means, because all of the plots on our allotments are supposed to be 10 rods and they're all different sizes ...  :lol:

king cauli

• Experienced Member
cost of a plot?
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 14:23 »
i have 2 plots on 2 different sites,the one plot is 30ftx100ft has two taps and is twelve pound a year and a pound a year for water,so 13 pound a year which includes a free pint at the anual meeting next week :lol: the second plot round the corner is 20x40ft and is 7 pound for the year and 3 pound insurance ,water is included,on second plot there are communal sheds and tools including a rotavator,communal pile of manure for free,ive had free scaffolding boards and water butts,great :)
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/th_thc.jpg[/img]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/caulicow.jpg[/img]

beansticks

cost of a plot?
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 15:36 »
As stated earlier mine is only£2.50 per year,however many of you talk of chip bark being delivered,this sort of thing does not happen on our plots,being self managed the council does not provide this sort of thing.Though they do give us paving slabs (seconds) for the paths.

wellingtons

Mind you Beansticks ...
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 15:56 »
... if you do your sums, my so called free bark chippings are costing me £25 a year ...  :shock: ... best I get my lil wheelbarrow working to get my money's worth!!

frazzy

cost of a plot?
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 16:01 »
:( my plot is currently at £30.00 a year but have just heard its going up next year to about £90.00 :cry: i cant help feeling  down. i think allotments should be for all walks of life not just the rich boohoo Norwich City council .
Sadly for me it will be struggle for me to pay that amount  :cry:
Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.  byJohn Burroughs:

muntjac

cost of a plot?
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 16:03 »
i wouldnt think the council could do that much of a raise . check the details first then play up like hell if it is ,and demand to know what your getting for ur money ,., free everything i would ask for ,,,,,,,, if i didnt gte it the row would be heard in tessa jowits toilet bowl  :wink:
still alive /............

WG.

cost of a plot?
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 16:05 »
Quote from: "frazzy"
boohoo Norwich City council
Maybe you could put together a list of other prices from this thread.  Print them up as a petition for all your lotty neighbours and present it to the Council.  Don't forget to leak a copy to the local press.

Seems like they may have a hidden agenda ...

muntjac

cost of a plot?
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2007, 19:42 »
Quote from: "whisky_golf"
Quote from: "frazzy"
boohoo Norwich City council
Maybe you could put together a list of other prices from this thread.  Print them up as a petition for all your lotty neighbours and present it to the Council.  Don't forget to leak a copy to the local press............................. :roll:  dang david ur was torkin loike wot i am n ur finking loike me now u not my lost twin ar ya ? :lol:

WG.

cost of a plot?
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2007, 19:57 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
dang david ur was torkin loike wot i am n ur finking loike me now u not my lost twin ar ya ?
Nae laddie, happy enough if I can think like you MJ but talking is a different matter.  I needed an interpreter when I came down to Aberdeen ... Orkney folks talk like this (genuine clip from Radio Orkney) ...
http://www.farexchange.com/audio/Orkney%20accent.mp3

muntjac

cost of a plot?
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2007, 20:06 »
been to sollom voe when the ireland troubles was on mate  ,stil reeling from the culture shock lolo

WG.

cost of a plot?
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2007, 20:10 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
been to sollom voe when the ireland troubles was on mate  ,stil reeling from the culture shock lolo
Why would they send you to Shetland if the trouble was in Ireland??  Never mind ... I have a Shetland accent for you too
http://www.farexchange.com/audio/Shetland%20accent.mp3

fluffypebble

cost of a plot?
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2007, 20:12 »
Well David I could understand that clip, when relatives of the ex visited from Glasgow and had partaken of the alcoholic beverage or ten I could not understand a word.  I just hoped that I laughed at the right time and went oh no when required.  Never again.
http://10.UploadMirror.com/uploaded/1/646/glitter_maker_03_04_2007_03_32_52_22128.gif[/img]

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
A weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend.

xx
How much do you think it will cost you

Started by Dopey113 on Grow Your Own

35 Replies
Last post April 07, 2012, 23:37
by Paul Plots
xx
Cost?

Started by Zammoimp on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post March 07, 2009, 00:20
by woodburner
xx
The cost of garlic

Started by Brian_of_Bozeat on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post June 15, 2008, 08:33
by Alex 98
question
Cost of Paraffin

Started by horsepooisgood on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post March 25, 2009, 13:29
by Babstreefern

Page created in 0.883 seconds with 37 queries.