4 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: October 20, 2008, 19:04

I'm a ____________ Allotmenteer

• 45 Replies

Christine

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2008, 11:06 »
There's o option for a full time allotmenteer - does that mean that I'm full time employed? (At home at moment watching the decorator work - this counts a time off as in weekend I think).

Oscar Too

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2008, 11:52 »
Full time for a major charity, working and travelling 60 hours a week, about 12 trips abroad per year.  Wife is SAHM and does the most important job in the world - raising our son, so lots of demands on our time.  The lotty gives us food, space to be together, space for LO to crawl around and eat soil, space to breathe, bit of sanity and a mutual project.

FCG

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2008, 12:34 »
I'm amazed at the responses, thanks for putting them in. I too am surprised at the amount of self employed people here... i guess allotmenteers have more get up and go than the norm? I guess i should put mine in really, so here goes;

Full time worker, part time student. 4 days a week i have my trainee civil engineer's technician hat on 8-5 and the other my college hat 9-5. Weekends? Gardener and chook wrangler.

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2008, 13:23 »
full time slave to an American corporation and worked like a bitch, so much so I hardly see my plot....  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Steve.P

• Experienced Member
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2008, 21:31 »
I'm a self employed lorry driver, work crazy hours, had more time for my plot with my last job. And I'm permanently knackered. Early grave for me i think!
Life is a heap of manure. Growing one minute, stinking the next.

Growbag

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2008, 22:38 »
Was full-time slave to an American Corporation but unlike Sadgit I was lucky and escaped their evil clutches.  Now work part-time.  Don't have an allotment but have several deep beds and a decent greenhouse in the garden.   If I had my way the whole garden would be converted into deep beds but the dog has to have somewhere she can go.
From fork to fork

ceri green

• Experienced Member
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2008, 07:38 »
well, obviously, any FEMALE respondees to this poll are double full time employed 24/7 in sosme capacity or other......not to mention multitasking several times over at the same time............
in fact how anyone gets the time to even read the posts beats me!
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ceri green

• Experienced Member
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2008, 07:42 »
and now just off to muck out the chickens and horses before i go to work........
then when i come back got to help OH put up shelves in garage (easier with 2 apparently.....funny that, i always managed by myself when i did it.......mus t be a man thing..........

oh and put some washing on, peg some out, think about what will miraculously appear on the table tonight for dinner.........................
better get gpoing methinks!

annie b

• Thinking of the Days
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2008, 07:47 »
I'm a journalist...work between 3 and 5 days a week...although this wek it's five and a half.Mum to three, chief cook,  bottlewasher and do the allotment on my own.

Must find more time to spend on it next year.....
Thinking of the Days

Elaine G

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2008, 23:25 »
I work full time with 25 mile commute (up to an hour).

Have to fit in shopping and stuff on my day off and Sundays daughters tend to visit which means cooking so lottie time is hard to fit in.

Plot is a bit of a mess due to lack of time but generally a good place to escape to and think. And some veggies do grow despite the weeds!!

House is just as messy as I would rather be outside, so I do not do housework unless mother is coming to visit!!

Have been self employed, and hubby still is - blooming hard work!!

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

JulieSh

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2008, 00:23 »
Full time wellie wearer......

Hubby retired me a few years back & we've just bought a new place - previous owners took great delight in digging up young trees from the next door forest & planting them in the 2.5 acre gardens here, so we're having to get some, if not most out!
Sad, I know, but the gardens are that shady & wet & not a lot will grow in the dark!!

Greatly looking forward to turning one of the bottom back gardens into our 'at home allotment area' for next year!! The 2nd bottom garden will be utilised for the chicken area.... can't wait!
Julie.
A Basset life is a happy life..... well, it is in our house!

matron

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2008, 06:30 »
Work full time as a ward manager on a rehab unit. Sons just about grown up. Go down to plot at week end and in summer in the evenings.

wellingtons

Well ...
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2008, 12:51 »
... I've had a few moments where I thought I would have to give up my plot this year, but I haven't given it up ... yet!

I started up my own business in April of this year, and before that was employed doing the same thing full time anyhoo.  So here I am working full time, with 2 part-time helpers (very part time I'm afraid!).  I've got my plot and a teenage son and a house to run.  

I'm very lucky in that my business has got off to a flying start, better than even Little Miss Optimist here could ever have hoped, but I do work long hours.  I have help in the business, I have help at home (have a wonderful cleaner and my PA in the biz does personal stuff too) and I have my hired muscle at the plot.

I've no idea what I'm complaining about ...  :lol:

Knight Family

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2008, 12:58 »
Well for me I live in the North West and travel every day to the North east for work! 1000 miles a week approx thank god i have a CO2 green foot print (only 1 vehicle does that for 45k miles!)
Graham = 2x Border collie Dogs, 2x Cats, 1x Wife, 2x Kids, 2x Hamsters and now 10x chickens.

Bombers

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2008, 15:10 »
Working full time (at the moment  :roll:) \Travelling mostly, the length and breadth of our fair isle, from Dundee in the north across to Workington in the North West, as far down as Truro in the South West, and Folkestone in the South East - All of it basically! Try to fit the Lottie in at weekends, as much as possible at the moment, (Weather permitting) :wink:
Life begins... On the kitchen windowsill.

xx
New Allotmenteer

Started by WeedDetester on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post October 31, 2006, 20:10
by Eristic
xx
Hi - first time allotmenteer

Started by al78 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post February 13, 2013, 17:13
by candygold1
xx
Prospective allotmenteer!

Started by Geordie on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post October 26, 2010, 20:12
by Munchkin
xx
First time allotmenteer

Started by KerryE on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post April 24, 2016, 20:14
by Wiltshire Worms

Page created in 0.388 seconds with 41 queries.