sick hen

• 2 Replies

Midwife

• Experienced Member
sick hen
« on: October 13, 2008, 16:08 »
Help, I have a sick hen. She is an ex bat that I rescued in June. She is normally the most friendly and active of the merry band but today I noticed she is hunched up, standing in what looks like diorrhoea ( very watery with watery yellow blobs in it) She is sitting with me now, very sleepy. What do I do? I have never had a hen sick like this before. :(
Proud to be a 100% qualified, caring, encouraging, one more push, reassuring Midwife!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
sick hen
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 16:15 »
Hi Midwife, all I can say really is, what we usually say about a sickly hen, give her apple cider vinegar, has she been wormed recently?  perhaps some  poultry spice?

Or is she just pure kn*****ed, after her hard life in the cages?  sometimes freedom is just too much for them and they can't take it

Midwife

• Experienced Member
sick hen
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 16:26 »
I worm them with Verm X in water and I have just done it for this month. She seems to have lost a far amount of wieght in the last few days too. I do use poultry spice so i will try her with some in some mash and keep her quiet,
I have to say that I am surprized any Hen lasts long when they have been in those b****** cages. She has enjoyed the garden though so even if this is the end I am happy to have seen her sun and dust bathing and running with the others.

xx
Sick hen

Started by North Devon Dumpling on The Hen House

18 Replies
Last post July 11, 2009, 18:41
by North Devon Dumpling
xx
I think my hen is sick

Started by Cat on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post May 06, 2009, 05:33
by Cat
xx
hen still sick

Started by Ginarina on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 26, 2011, 18:29
by henamoured
xx
Sick Hen Help Please

Started by geoffwales on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post August 06, 2008, 13:56
by blulagoo

Page created in 0.454 seconds with 36 queries.