Egg box lables.

• 16 Replies

Roughlee Handled

Egg box lables.
« on: October 06, 2008, 12:00 »
As some of you know I have time on my hands, well the odd day here and there.  As I am getting about 6 eggs a day and with only me and the OH in our household I have to get rid of some eggs. (Glut of eggs at the weekend 31!!!)   I am selling them to work colleges and telling them keep them refrigerated, only for 28 days after the date on the egg blar blar blar. I thought I would come up with a label.  My question is

Is the label legal?
Is there anything I have missed?

Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

Kate and her Ducks

Egg box lables.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 12:03 »
Not sure that you are allowed to call your eggs class A if you are not a DEFRA registered packing station type (even if to all extents and purposes they are). Don't quote me on this but think I read it somewhere.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Roughlee Handled

Egg box lables.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 12:05 »
Quote from: "Kate and her Ducks"
Not sure that you are allowed to call your eggs class A if you are not a DEFRA registered packing station type (even if to all extents and purposes they are). Don't quote me on this but think I read it somewhere.

You are correct Kate but I have called them "Class A equivalent"  8) Trying to be smart, not sure if its working though.

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Egg box lables.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 12:08 »
Nice label.

I would make a slight change, and put the 'CLASS A Equivalent' part in a smaller point size and in brackets underneath the 6 Free Range Eggs title. That should remove any ambiguity with the DEFRA rules

Thus -

6 FREE RANGE EGGS
(CLASS 'A' Equivalents)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
the rabbit of caerbannogg

Roughlee Handled

Egg box lables.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 12:12 »
:cheers:  Zak I will make suggested changes.

Kate and her Ducks

Egg box lables.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 12:14 »
Oops, obviously not paying enough attention. Would have thought that got you off the hook. Lovely label design.

Roughlee Handled

Egg box lables.
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 12:16 »
rrr fanks Kate.

Knight Family

Egg box lables.
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 13:09 »
nice design but not allowed to class them etc.

anyway here's ours ! comments welcome

][/IMG]

P.S. Wife is a painter but drawing is somthing she just started....[IMG
Graham = 2x Border collie Dogs, 2x Cats, 1x Wife, 2x Kids, 2x Hamsters and now 10x chickens.

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Egg box lables.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 13:13 »
thats nice! maybe she should do a different one each month? number them on the bozes, they could become collectors items! :D

Bodger

Egg box lables.
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 13:15 »
Forget class 'A' why not make them sound more individual and call them something like 'Top Notch' or 'Stunning' ?

Incidentally, I'm having the same problem with my 12 laying pullets . I've quite suddenly got loads of eggs and no customers for them.

Roughlee Handled

Egg box lables.
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 13:25 »
May be it is time of the year?  Wondering what do I have to do to add value to my eggs with a bit of flour and stuff.  You know Cakes!!! mmmmmmmm Just thought what do you have to do to sell them (cakes that is legly) think WI do a course but unless I want to dress up as Emily from Little Britain I don't think I will get in.  Some health certification. Though always been nervous about be certificated.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Egg box lables.
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 14:26 »
Quote from: "Bodger"
Forget class 'A' why not make them sound more individual and call them something like 'Top Notch' or 'Stunning' ?

Incidentally, I'm having the same problem with my 12 laying pullets . I've quite suddenly got loads of eggs and no customers for them.

And I've got more customers than eggs!!!

As we can't put class anything on even using the word equivalent, I usually call my eggs "Own Grown"!!!!  says it all!!!

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Egg box lables.
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 14:42 »
I think perhaps you dont need anything related to the class anyway, like grannie says, 'home grown' says more about the care and quality, than an equivalent to an industrial standard does!

i only sell half a dozen a week if i have them, and i dont label the boxes at all. There bought by someone at my wifes work who also buys some from someone else in selby who has a few chucks on a lotty. Simply the fact that there good and fresh does it. A good reputation is worth more than a few words on a box.

Roughlee Handled

Egg box lables.
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 15:08 »
Quote from: "Zak the Rabbit"
....... A good reputation is worth more than a few words on a box.

I do understand that.  I have found that people do not know what "ye oldie eggs" are like.  The colour.......taste..... So I was trying to give them something that they could associate with.   Also branching out and getting the OH to take some to work and I cant grantee that she will tell her colleges the correct information.  

:D

Roughlee Handled

Re: Egg box lables.
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 15:28 »
Simplcity should rule.  I will just get rid of the class A equivalent.  So it reads 6 Free Range Eggs!!

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 36 queries.