Not So Loving Neighbour!

• 44 Replies

home made pie

• Experienced Member
Not So Loving Neighbour!
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 21:09 »
Is the tree in your garden or is it on an allotment ?

Just a word of warning as been in exactly the same position when we had a neighbour from hell situation... if it's your garden we're talking about...you may want to sell your property one day...any disputes that you make have to be declared on an official form when you sell the house !!! think carefully as this may backfire and prove difficult to sell your property

Glen

• Experienced Member
Not So Loving Neighbour!
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2008, 16:56 »
No the tree is in our allotment. The biggest disapointment to me was the Council, they couldn't of given a monkey! I know i only pay them £6.90 per year income for my plot but i would of liked them to care a little more!  :(

sheridal

• Experienced Member
Not So Loving Neighbour!
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2008, 18:14 »
I agree with most of the others and take them to the small claims court. It is not acceptable that they get away with this, and if you ignore it, they may come back and do more. If you do something about it, then they are likely to think again next time.

Elcie

Not So Loving Neighbour!
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2008, 18:16 »
Even though they are claiming someone else made a 'mistake', it is their responsibility as it was the neighbours who hired them to complete the work.  Ask them what compensation they are willing to offer you and go from there.  If they are trully sorry they will help.

Beetroot queen

Not So Loving Neighbour!
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2008, 19:26 »
Oh no thats a true disaster dont on purpose I am sure

I would be mad and not forgiving at all  :x

pushrod

Not So Loving Neighbour!
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 21:09 »
not condoning what has been done, but must admit to not being a fan of people who plant trees on, or very close to, the edge of their land with little or no regard to shade cast or root growth. (tin hat on)
All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Lardman

Not So Loving Neighbour!
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2008, 21:27 »
Quote from: "home made pie"
...any disputes that you make have to be declared on an official form when you sell the house !!! think carefully as this may backfire and prove difficult to sell your property

If someone smashes up your car you wouldn't report it just in case it put your premium up next year?

What happens when they move the fence 3 ft and just annex part of his plot ? Or cut off anything else over 6ft high ? The type of person that does this knows its wrong and relies on the "its cut now what are you going to do about it?" mentality.  The fence is there to mark the boundary, the law is there to enforce it.

Quote from: "pushrod"
... admit to not being a fan of people who plant trees on, or very close to, the edge of their land with little or no regard to shade cast or root growth.

By the looks of the tree / houses,  the tree was there before the houses were, perhaps Im just getting old and cantankerous - but it is an issue I feel very strongly about.

Glen - what if anything have you decided to do?

gobs

Not So Loving Neighbour!
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2008, 21:50 »
Quote from: "Lardman"

Quote from: "pushrod"
... admit to not being a fan of people who plant trees on, or very close to, the edge of their land with little or no regard to shade cast or root growth.

By the looks of the tree / houses,  the tree was there before the houses were, perhaps Im just getting old and cantankerous - but it is an issue I feel very strongly about.

Very much my thought too, the tree looks like have been there before the estate's been built.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

mother hen

• Experienced Member
Not So Loving Neighbour!
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2008, 01:20 »
:( Disgusting neighbours  :puker: , would be tempted to make big plans for next year, cockerills! hops, sunflowers, mega compost heap with rats, huge munty frame and look out tower with catapult for rotten produce.  Or what if someone accidentally delivered tons of manure to the wrong address!  Probably not good ideas but you might feel better just thinking about it. :twisted:
janet

mikem

• Experienced Member
Not So Loving Neighbour!
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2008, 09:33 »
Quote from: "mother hen"
:( Disgusting neighbours  :puker: , would be tempted to make big plans for next year, cockerills! hops, sunflowers, mega compost heap with rats, huge munty frame and look out tower with catapult for rotten produce.  Or what if someone accidentally delivered tons of manure to the wrong address!  Probably not good ideas but you might feel better just thinking about it. :twisted:

Mother Hen, I'm with you but you forgot the pigs! :D

home made pie

• Experienced Member
Not So Loving Neighbour!
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2008, 10:24 »
Quote from: "Lardman"
Quote from: "home made pie"
...any disputes that you make have to be declared on an official form when you sell the house !!! think carefully as this may backfire and prove difficult to sell your property

If someone smashes up your car you wouldn't report it just in case it put your premium up next year?

What happens when they move the fence 3 ft and just annex part of his plot ? Or cut off anything else over 6ft high ? The type of person that does this knows its wrong and relies on the "its cut now what are you going to do about it?" mentality.  The fence is there to mark the boundary, the law is there to enforce it.

I was only talking about a situation if the tree was in a garden but as it's on the allotment then yep I agree with everyone...make a claim, go to the police or whatever, they are miserable spitefull b------s and can't get away with doing this

Had the tree been in a persons garden...all I was saying is...would you buy a house knowing a nasty tree cutting b-----d of a nieghbour lived next door...I certainly wouldn't, so I would get my own back in other ways...plant a bigger tree, smelly compost etc etc but I wouldn't go down the official route and leave a paper trail just in case I might want to sell one day...mind you if they killed my dog then I can't say what I'd do  :twisted:

chimaera

• Experienced Member
Not So Loving Neighbour!
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2008, 14:52 »
I would be inclined to post (it is more formal than hand delivery) a letter spelling out what you would claim for in court, and suggest they may want to pay up out of court. I think give the cost of a mature tree that size (I don't think the species matters- a tree that big would be expensive) plus delivery plus the value of the crops you have lost. You may have been relying on the income of the jam.... Say 5 years (till a new tree is cropping) X how many kilos you get X cost per kilo at Waitrose (NOT the marketl!)

mikem

• Experienced Member
Not So Loving Neighbour!
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2008, 15:14 »
If all else fails tell us when you are going round there and I guess that you will have an "army" of friends to accompany you!  :D  :D  :D

growmore

• http://www.braa.co.uk
Not So Loving Neighbour!
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2008, 00:39 »
Just looked at your pictures (posted 12th April) showing your tree in bloom. It looks quite clear that most - if not all- of the tree is inside your plot boundary.
Regardless of the truth of who cut it down i.e. gypsies or your neighbour, they were acting on behalf of the neighbour and the neighbours are therefore legally responsible.
I really wouldn't let this one lie - write to them asking for an out of court settlement as others have said and if they dont then go to the S.C.C.
If you don't feel that you can do that then go for the very fresh, very smelly manure option - and repeat it annually! Plant some comfrey and then make a couple of barrel loads of comfrey tea - just over the fence. Make sure you don't cover it or you may not let them have the full impact of the rancid smell -Ah the sweet smell of revenge!!!
Good luck Glen.

mikem

• Experienced Member
Not So Loving Neighbour!
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2008, 10:47 »
:evil:  Just been down to my allotment and thinking a bit more!

By making it formal whether by letter or through the Courts as was mentioned earlier when someone incorrectly thought that the tree was on your property and when you came to sell it you would have to disclose the "problem" with your neighbour.  Clearly it works the other way, i.e. by making it formal he will have to disclose it when he comes to sell his property, he needs to be made aware of this fact!

xx
Shade loving Veg

Started by Jaye on Grow Your Own

35 Replies
Last post January 06, 2008, 12:04
by Jaye
xx
Borage loving ants

Started by Dai on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 07, 2013, 08:50
by mumofstig
xx
Coffee loving slugs

Started by green_lolly on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post April 20, 2015, 07:20
by lettice
xx
manure loving plants?

Started by susan54 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 31, 2013, 19:02
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.81 seconds with 36 queries.