chick with splayed legs

• 38 Replies

FCG

chick with splayed legs
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 21:01 »
Goat curry is very nice :)

Sorry to hear about the splayed legs TMG. Crossed fingers for you here. I'm looking forward to the pics of ellie may too. How about you re-name albert something pansy like.. .he may take on a gentler nature (Like heck tho)

too many girls

chick with splayed legs
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 21:04 »
Sarah, have you been on the pop? Sam was with the chick, James is the older son, (remember? he was the one that ran off with a girl he met on the internet, he was 16 , and then came home with her!

Kate and her Ducks

chick with splayed legs
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 21:05 »
A jersey cow with big long eyelashes and scrummy rich milk is on my dream/fantasy list :oops: .

Goats are not. You certainly aren't changing my mind either.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

too many girls

chick with splayed legs
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 21:05 »
so i'll call Albert, MIKE.

Vember

chick with splayed legs
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 21:09 »
Quote from: "too many girls"
Sarah, have you been on the pop? Sam was with the chick, James is the older son, (remember? he was the one that ran off with a girl he met on the internet, he was 16 , and then came home with her!

Red  Bull given me wings I'm afraid  :oops:  Sorry  :oops:

Gdad's going home tomorrow an I celebrating early   :lol:

Sarah

MontyTom

• Experienced Member
chick with splayed legs
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2008, 21:43 »
Recently saw a ruberised mat (one online store) for bottom of brooder for grip, but I would prefer to run on wire for hygiene and they can grip better.

I've had a few incidents of splayed legs in the past and tried the suggested methods without and succes, was horrible for chicks too. I just cull now, saves the stress for both parties.  Not everyones cup of tea but practical.

All the best.

too many girls

chick with splayed legs
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2008, 21:45 »
kate, the lady that sold me Ellie May came to check on her 2 weeks after we bought her (2000 ) (she was on her way back from a local show) she was very impressed with our care , she said Misty had certainly landed on her feet with us ( she called her Misty, i thought that was more of a pony's name) she said if ever i wanted another cow, to look no further, she cried with me over the phone when Ellie was taken in the foot and mouth, she didn't have the desease, (Ellie) but next door farm did, they said she was a dangerous contact, they tricked us (Maff, now Defra) i've alway's said there will never be another like her, Jill (Ellie May's breeder) recently got in touch and said she's got Ellie May's great grand daughter, ( my dad imeditely thought she was playing on our sympathy) but no, she said i can have her free of charge, my dad say's no, i think he's worried it may happen again, i must admit we (me and the kid's, left the farm when we knew we couldn't save her, despite an appeal) and left my dad to sort it out, he insisted all the animals were destroyed with compassion, ie lambs were taken with their mothers, Ellie had her head in a bucket of grass nuts when they shot her, (bang, smack in front of the stables) there is still a bald patch, no gravel, no nothing, we always agreed we wouldn't put ourselves in that situation again, but i'm wondering! what's that saying? those who have never loved ! have never lost!

Kate and her Ducks

chick with splayed legs
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 21:56 »
I'm so sorry Romney, I can only begin to imagine how horrible that must have been.
Still part of my dream. I love all my animals but I know I will be truely heartbroken when my cat Tess who is 15 dies. She is so special and was my 18th birthday present from my best friend. She is such a tie to my past and youth, things that can't be regained but feel like they are still here.  :lol:

No matter how hard it will be would never change a thing.

FCG

chick with splayed legs
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2008, 22:04 »
Oh TMG, what a horrible situation to be in. I hope another animal can fill her hole in your life.
Oh and if you name your got after me I'll be honoured. I can be a stubborn person at times :D

too many girls

chick with splayed legs
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2008, 22:11 »
we are going to call our next cow Mike!

too many girls

chick with splayed legs
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 22:13 »
the one after that Roughlee!

too many girls

chick with splayed legs
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 22:15 »
and Kate will be living my life on my farm, cos i'll be in the nuthouse..................................

Kate and her Ducks

chick with splayed legs
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2008, 22:19 »
Quote from: "too many girls"
and Kate will be living my life on my farm, cos i'll be in the nuthouse..................................

Just let me know and I will sign the second part of the Section!

Foxy

chick with splayed legs
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2008, 22:33 »
this is the most confusing post I have ever read -nbut what an awful story TMG very very sad.
In the meantime am now really goiong to bed an not drinking anymore Sainsburys fake lemonade! :shock:

too many girls

chick with splayed legs
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2008, 22:51 »
hey, it was a long time ago, get over it.. my face, bovvered, yes............. but am i bovvered tho.................

xx
Chick with splayed (spraddled) legs

Started by Helenaj on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post March 31, 2011, 18:43
by Helenaj
question
PLEASE HELP. Newly hatched chick with splayed legs

Started by rileyfin on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post July 16, 2011, 16:13
by Helenaj
xx
Poorly chick, looks like opposite to splayed legs - Great news!!!!

Started by Squiggly on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post April 14, 2011, 20:27
by CluckyChicken
sad
Splayed legs (Rickets)

Started by Happy Hens on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post September 20, 2009, 21:04
by kazzer

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 30 queries.