• 16 Replies

clive f

• Experienced Member
« on: February 10, 2007, 22:56 »
hi i am clive just want to introduce myself. I am new to the pc,still work in feet and inches/pound,shillings and pennys,one finger jobby on the keyboard so please bear :oops: with me but love the forum/and my allotment. munjac im as old as u so how come your so good on the pc? respect to ya all

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 23:03 »
Hi Clive, welcome to the forum.  Munty isn't old, he's a youngster!!!! lol

Hope you've got a stupid sense of humour, because we're all nuts, with Munty leading the field!!!!

Don't worry about your lack of typing/pc skills  My OH used to be useless, but now he loves his Ebay watching!!!!  and this is one of the few sites where no one complains if you can't spell!  I'm pretty good at spelling, havig worked in offices for 25 years until 5 years ago, but my problems is my fingers and brain work at different speeds.  I'm not sure if my brain works faster than my fingers, or my fingers work faster than my brain!!!   :lol:  :wink:

How long have you been gardening?

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 23:03 »
Hi Clive don't worry about the one finger jobbyat least you get here mate, As for feet and inches I think we all work on that here, any way allotments are still in rods and yards, be proud to be British thats my motto I'm sure my veggies would get confused if i planted them in centimetres etc   :lol:
and welcome to the funny farm  :D
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 23:06 »

Clive and Frosty

Munty may be fast on the keyboard, but you have to be really clever to read what he types  :roll:  :wink:

clive f

• Experienced Member
grannieannie
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 23:17 »
i have been gardening for 10 yrs and had an allotment for 1 year my chairman asked if he could enter my plot for the derby in bloom competition.And although did not win :lol: had highly recommended ps sorry for the delay in answering one fingered jobby on keyboard.

Annie

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 23:22 »
Hullo,I can type with 2 fingers but can`t spell.Don`t worry about metric anything `cos Shaun is the only one that understands it.

muntjac

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 12:37 »
see ya'll taking my name in vain .. im old enough to remember sending messages by morse asking for some more teabags n milk .key boards are like a woman mate touch them lightly n they respond .mind if you press the wrong key  on a woman your gonna get ya face slapped  .  :lol:            oh n welcome to the site mate :lol:  :wink:
still alive /............

mercury

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 12:44 »
welcome to the nuthouse mate, i've graduated to two fingers now, so dont worry, you'll be as quick as me one day  :?  :?  :wink:

beansticks

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 13:08 »
Welcome,i have only just learned how to do most things on a pc,it is your contributions that will be important.

ziggywigs

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 15:06 »
Hi and welcome, hope to see ya around.

Annie

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 16:34 »
Thanks Zigs.I still aspire to posts like that! :(  :(

clive f

• Experienced Member
club root
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 16:43 »
hi has anybody had any problems with club root. its my second year on my allotment and found there to be club root on the plot. the other plot holders tell me to put some lime in the planting hole and after filling in put some lime around the plant and  i shouldnt have any more problems has anyone else tried this method

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 16:57 »
The fungal spores can live in the ground for up to five years so a 3 or 4 year rotation will not get rid of it  :(

Try dipping your brassicas in flowers of sulphur when you transplant them, it could help to discourage the fungi responsible  :D

WG.

Re: club root
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 17:10 »
Quote from: "clive /frosty"
hi has anybody had any problems with club root. its my second year on my allotment and found there to be club root on the plot. the other plot holders tell me to put some lime in the planting hole and after filling in put some lime around the plant and  i shouldnt have any more problems has anyone else tried this method

If you are organic then my best suggestion is to get a friend to grow brassicas for you and you can grow something else for him/her.  Lime does nothing to prevent clubroot.  Check Google but I reckon 7 or 10 years with no brassicas (or mustard, watercress, wallflowers) is needed.

Annie

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 17:25 »
I know nothing about club root but your fellow allotmeniers do where you are so I would see ifthose giving the advice have clubroot,if they have do as they do.

xx

Started by oldh on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post April 21, 2011, 20:55
by operabunny
xx

Started by mememe72 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post November 12, 2008, 19:53
by Poolfield2
xx
Newbie's First Job?

Started by Only1Dionne on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post January 29, 2010, 23:15
by Only1Dionne
xx

Started by johnnyt93 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 06, 2009, 00:50
by Teabag

Page created in 0.44 seconds with 36 queries.