Poultry Shield supplier near Selby?

• 8 Replies

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
« on: September 22, 2008, 16:57 »
One for the keepers close to me -

ok, so the dreaded red * have arrived. Im not surprised really, but they are proving a sod to shift. Despite my ongoing comprehensive sealant project im not filling the holes fast enough!

So far ive been hitting them with the jeyes fluid to flush them out and the powder to kill them, but its not enough.

Can anyone local to me let me know a stockist of poultry shield nearby? Hillam feeds dont have it (my nearest). I intend going out for some tomorrow, but if i knew where it would save me the trouble of travelling around all the suppliers!

ive discovered that they dont bite humans. But, thats no concellation to the itching when theyre crawling on you!!! :twisted:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
the rabbit of caerbannogg

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 20:03 »
I bought mine online for (£22.90) shipped 5litre from ratbait.co.uk but ring before you order it may not be in stock.  Also try this HARKERS DURAMITEX 140ML I have had good reports about it (look on ebay). Though it is now scarce as one of the ingredeints had been banned by the EU. Originally used for pigeon sheds.  One good thing is it will kill the BA*&£Ds on contact and a residue will stay on the wood and this will also kill!!!!! Down side OMG does it smell chemical or what.
Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

Big Jen

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 21:10 »
You could try these for mail order. If you phone them they will do next day delivery- very reliable
http://www.homefarmfowls.co.uk/

BJ
There are three signs of old age. The first is your loss of memory, the other two I forget.

kimT

• http://www.thepoultrygarden.com
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 08:52 »
There is Thompsons in York.

W M Thompson (York) Ltd
Jubilee Mill, Murton Lane, Murton, York, North Yorkshire YO19 5UT
Tel: 01904 488388

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 12:31 »
cheers folks,

Yorks a bit out of the way to go, would cost more than delivery charges. Not found anywhere local, so will order online.

Pets Pad outside Snaith dont stock it, but hes noted it down and says if he can get it he'll stock it!

Did get some red mite concentrate and a tub of diatom though

M

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 14:01 »
Probably a bit late now but have you tried the shop next to the Saturday auction place in Selby.  I cant remember what its called sorry :oops:
40 hens, 8 cockerels, 3 dogs, 2 rabbits, 8 chinchillas, 2 teenage daughters and O/H

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 15:11 »
Quote from: "chicken soup"
Probably a bit late now but have you tried the shop next to the Saturday auction place in Selby.  I cant remember what its called sorry :oops:

first place this morning! thats where i got the concentrate and the diatom from (comes with a free puffer bottle)

all four girls had a spray with the 1:50 diluted 'general' dose this afternoon, and the house had a blast with it as well. I'll see how that does then if need be step up to the 1:20 'infestation' dose! Like all other animals ive had to spray before, they dont exactly stand still and let you!

Ive also done more sealing of holes and cracks, and where safe to do so cracks have been 'flamed' with the propane weed lance!

If after a couple of weeks im not getting anywhere i'll consider lining the inside with plywood sheet and sealing it, get rid of all the cracks then.

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 15:28 »
I use diatom in the bedding and spray every week with dettol don't know if it works though as touch wood I havent had any mites ......... yet and been keeping chooks three years now.  I also use a cat/dog flea killer spray on the chooks (not sure I am allowed to mention it here) so far that has worked for me.  I know its a long way off yet early October but if you still have problems I could get you some stuff from York rare breeds they are bound to have some there and could bring it across to Selby at the following auction Saturday.

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 10:36 »
Ive been peppering the place with the diatom, as well as the repellant. I can see changes in the pattern of the mites, today they seemed quite dispersed and in the open, rather than hidden. Being nocturnal creatures this suggests they are having trouble retreating from the light.

Im going to order the poultry shield today, and also give the house a blast with a stronger repellent mix, using the pressure sprayer.

i think much of the problem is due to the grade of wood used in the construction, being salvaged pallets. As great as they are for lots of things, i think that there not a great material for coops, due to the rough surfaces and many nail holes.

xx
Poultry Shield

Started by Craig69 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 04, 2010, 19:08
by Craig69
xx
Poultry Shield etc in NI.

Started by susan - happy hens on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 25, 2010, 13:54
by carolbriar
xx
Where to buy Poultry Shield?

Started by RoyMK on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 25, 2009, 18:05
by RoyMK
xx
what do I do with poultry shield?

Started by maggiem on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 10, 2009, 15:28
by Tinkers

Page created in 0.356 seconds with 37 queries.