Freedom

• 3 Replies

Vickie & Richard

Freedom
« on: September 19, 2008, 13:47 »
I think we are going to bite the bullet and let our girls free range a little tomorrow, as we are both around to keep an eye on them.  As i'd previously explained we live in open plan gardens so my girls was going to be able to wonder loads!!  As we have no fences for them to jump, could you still recommend clipping their wings??

Vember

Freedom
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 16:33 »
I would Vickie&Richard to be on the safe side, If you need to get them in before bedtime you might have a struggle otherwise.

If you find they're not very flighty then let them grow back again :)

Have Fun & don't forget to take some photo's

Sarah :D

Lardman

Freedom
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 17:08 »
I've been letting mine play out on the patio for 15 mins at a time. The only problems I've had have been when they're been spooked by something - a noisy blackbird caused no end of problems.

Have you given any thought on how to put them away if you need to quickly ? Will them come home for treats or will you need to round them up.

Vickie & Richard

Freedom
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 17:55 »
Quote from: "Lardman"
I've been letting mine play out on the patio for 15 mins at a time. The only problems I've had have been when they're been spooked by something - a noisy blackbird caused no end of problems.

Have you given any thought on how to put them away if you need to quickly ? Will them come home for treats or will you need to round them up.

A shake off the mealworm pot normally gets their attention.  If not, it will be a game of catch, which should entertain the neighbours!!

clip
Freedom!!!!!

Started by MidlandBrewer on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post March 02, 2017, 18:50
by danfinn1
xx
Preparing for freedom!

Started by Fannyann on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 21, 2007, 22:26
by Foxy
xx
Broody hen's freedom

Started by Kathie on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post July 20, 2010, 16:48
by Kathie

Page created in 0.587 seconds with 36 queries.