roundup spray

• 7 Replies

outdoorgirl

roundup spray
« on: September 15, 2008, 16:20 »
:?:  I recently bought a 5litre pre-mixed roundup spray as we'd just got our allotment and the whole thing was covered in weeds (as you'd expect).  I also bought a container of concentrated roundup so that I could re-fill the sprayer when I'd used the first lot.

Good idea?

Apparently not.

I can't get the cap off the sprayer container.  It seems to be permanently attached - presumably to do with the seal for the pump action spray gun.

Before I go to buy a cheap 5l sprayer and ditch the original one at the recycling centre, does anyone know if it is possible to remove the cap so that the roundup sprayer can be re-filled?

Elaine G

roundup spray
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 21:21 »
Hi

I have never managed to get one off so I suspect they are like that for safety reasons!

If you have much left to do you might find it easier to get a cheap watering can. Just make sure you mark it as weedkiller so you do not water your crops with it by mistake.

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
roundup spray
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 21:26 »
outdoorgirl, I did exactly the same thing last week!   The sprayer that comes with it really takes it's toll on your hand and wrist so I thought I'd decant it all into my pump sprayer but found that the cap was on permanantly.

I think I might have to cut the cap off with a sharp garden knife (and wash it thoroughly afterwards) so I can pour it into the sprayer to make the job easier  :roll:

jack russell

roundup spray
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 21:27 »
I agree a cheap watering can will suffice :wink: . unless you are minted then go and buy a nice sprayer it will last a long time as will a watering can but the sprayer will give a better coverage IMO :wink:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
roundup spray
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 21:31 »
I think mine was about £2.99 from Wilko's in Chester-le-Street!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
roundup spray
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 21:32 »
I use a watering can with a sprinkle bar.  But a tip of advice - use a different coloured can than you use for watering.  You won't want to use it for water or liquid fertilizer in the future - just in case  :shock:

lincspoacher

roundup spray
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 21:38 »
Quote from: "Aunt Sally"
I use a watering can with a sprinkle bar.  But a tip of advice - use a different coloured can than you use for watering.  You won't want to use it for water or liquid fertilizer in the future - just in case  :shock:

And if you're trying to get rid of Mares Tails, bash the mares tails up and then wet them - also reduce the surface tension of the spray with a drop of washing up liquid. otherwise you'll end up Roundupping them about 5 times to kill them

outdoorgirl

Thanks
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 08:25 »
Thanks all - it's back to the shops then for another sprayer...  :)

xx
Blackfly - to spray or not to spray?

Started by gazza975526570 on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post August 05, 2011, 11:14
by compostqueen
xx
using roundup?

Started by mickwood on Grow Your Own

54 Replies
Last post May 16, 2009, 00:49
by compostqueen
clip
Roundup

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post October 28, 2015, 12:31
by snowdrops
xx
where to buy roundup?

Started by foxydan on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post April 15, 2007, 22:44
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.408 seconds with 37 queries.