Stupid PIzza Hut

• 20 Replies

mashauk

Stupid PIzza Hut
« on: August 24, 2008, 00:31 »
I got a voucher by email yesterday for 50% off food at Pizza Hut (not a place we normally go to), and you had to choose your restaurant and you could only use your voucher at that particular place, so I clicked the link that took me to the Pizza Hut site so I could choose where to go, I chose the one nearest me, and guess what, when I got there, it had shut down!  How ridiculous :twisted: Went for a very nice Turkish meal instead, but that really annoyed me.

dugless

Stupid PIzza Hut
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 07:29 »
Might  just be a good idea if they shut them all down :wink:
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

mashauk

Stupid PIzza Hut
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 12:04 »
True, I can't remember the last time I went to one, we were just looking for something cheap (I won't say cheerful) and they sent me a voucher, but maybe it's for the best that I couldn't use it :lol:

crowndale

Stupid PIzza Hut
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 15:22 »
cheap it ain't, I went today with my three kids and additional girl friend.  thought I'd be spending around 30 quid.  it was over 60!  to be fair they did have starters and puds but still, good job my back dated tax credits are due soon!
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Stupid PIzza Hut
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 16:03 »
Quote from: "crowndale"
cheap it ain't, I went today with my three kids and additional girl friend.  thought I'd be spending around 30 quid.  it was over 60!  to be fair they did have starters and puds but still, good job my back dated tax credits are due soon!

60 quid!!! We'd feed you all for a week on that :)

(Hope you like runner beans)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Bombers

Stupid PIzza Hut
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 17:28 »
Quote from: "john"
Quote from: "crowndale"

60 quid!!! We'd feed you all for a week on that :)

(Hope you like runner beans)

.....and Courgette Soup! :lol:
Life begins... On the kitchen windowsill.

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Stupid PIzza Hut
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 18:12 »
Quote from: "dugless"
Might  just be a good idea if they shut them all down :wink:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Stupid PIzza Hut
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 19:39 »
You know, we hardly ever eat out but when we do we like an individual restaurant. You probably don't pay any more but you get something memorable.

The worst thing is a meal where you think "I could have done better myself"

However, I'm really partial to the odd Big Mac, some years I have 3!

clarebear

• Experienced Member
    • http://thewindowshopaholic.blogspot.com/2008_08_01_archive.html
Stupid PIzza Hut
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 22:17 »
w went to pizza hut today cos it's ds's birthday tomorrow. i love it.  i haven't been since i worked there about 7 years ago, they had had a total refurbishment.

i think i might go back there to work once i start college to make a few extra pennies
I don't have a drink problem. I drink, I get drunk, I pass out. No Problem.

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Stupid PIzza Hut
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 22:34 »
well, if someone who used to work there will still eat there, then that's more of a commendation than if the health inspector would eat there in my opinion!

lucywil

• http://ourallotments.blogspot.com/
Stupid PIzza Hut
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 07:53 »
Quote from: "clarebear"
w went to pizza hut today cos it's ds's birthday tomorrow. i love it.  i haven't been since i worked there about 7 years ago, they had had a total refurbishment.

i think i might go back there to work once i start college to make a few extra pennies

that surprises me! i work with 3 people that used to work at a pizza hut, one was assistant manager, and they all refuse to eat there!

jennyb

• Hiding in the Greenhouse
    • My Blog
Stupid PIzza Hut
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 10:23 »
mum and SD (diabetic) refuse to go to another pizza hut after walking out once.

they were looking for something quick before a panto, got there, ordered,  got given the wrong drinks - full sugar coke instead of diet for SD :shock:

had to ask where their food had got to, was told "that waiter there is just bringing it over"  then watched their order (and it was exactly what they had ordered) being taken to the wrong table where the other people didn't send it back.

the manager was about 16 apparently,  the place was a tip, tables left in a mess etc needless to say they left pronto and didn't even bother to think about paying for the drinks!

i must say there are some things eating disorders "save" you from.... no other positives but the only reason i visit a fast food chain is to use the facilities - as my grandfather says "always good to know where the nearest mac donalds is!"

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Stupid PIzza Hut
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 07:04 »
If you complain to pizza hut about the place being closed they will send you another voucher and an apology. We had rubbish service at one and got vouchers for a free meal. We usually go for the all you can eat buffet well worth the money (they obviously hadn't met my oh as he can eat for England  :D) but eating at any other time of the day is expensive.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 08:21 »
Good general point Joyfull, but the thread is 10 months old so I guess it's no longer a current issue  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 09:14 »
 :D, didn't notice that bit doh!!

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 36 queries.