From Desperation to this :)

• 12 Replies

Swee'pea

• Experienced Member
« on: August 07, 2008, 20:32 »
ok I vented off about my plot a few weeks back and was really down and ready to give up on it...when I first took the plot over it looked like this

Well after water, heavy clay, rain n more water, water n more rain, foxes, rain ( you get the idea) after a helping hand from my OH's mum who is a keen gardener it now looks like this...

and also this ( Leeks woohoo!!)) covered with netting to keep said fox and pigeons off them :)

Feeling a little happier now :)) At home I have potatoes sprouting in a green gardening bag in compost, two large pots with runners twining up the canes, some peas showing in another pot and two tomatoe plants plus heaps of mint n thyme and rosemary plus chives....amazing what a few weeks does eh? :))

swee'pea

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 20:35 »
:D  great going swee'pea
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

deezkatz

• mud boots blogspot
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 20:58 »
thats brilliant swee pea

keep it up, it is disheartening though, i've gone through that, but i'm slowly getting back on track! x
Dee

Swee'pea

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 09:10 »
Thanks :)) Just got to start collecting wood to start lining the paths and beds now and tidy that half up then I'll have to make a start on the other side. Means I should have a plot that i can begin to grow much more in next year :)) I haven't got rid of all of the couch grass but now I can hone in and dig out the pieces as they rear their ugly heads so next year it should be pretty clear I hope

titch

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 10:02 »
Wow that looks fab, what a  lot of hard work, you must feel pretty chuffed with yourself.
good luck with the growing :D
just keep breathing................

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 11:32 »
A good start there sp :-) and you got something growing yay!

Bet you are glad you didnt give up now? Cause its looking gooood  8)

Well done :-)

Paula
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 11:53 »
well done, all your hard work is being rewarded.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Elcie

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 16:52 »
That's looking brilliant, well done.

Trillium

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 17:06 »
Really good job, swee'pea. Amazing what some determination and help will accomplish. Keep up the good work and you'll amaze yourself next year. And BTW, none of us ever really gets rid of couch; we just put it on hold or temporary setback  :x

FCG

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 17:16 »
You must have some work ethic sweet pea, that plot looks wonderful. I hope you get something this year, it's always good to have your first crop. What are you planning to overwinter?

johnhar

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 20:40 »
hi sp keep up the good work as it can only get easier once you get on top of it. my plot got out of hand many years ago when i was hit in the aye with a airgun pellet, was not allowed outside the house or hospital for 4 weeks. the injury occured on may 4th so you can imagine the mess i was greeted with when i finally got back to it. just a tip for you, try and get on top of smoothering type weeds first and try not to let them go to seed.
your plot looks fine  :D
john

SalJ1980

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 21:21 »
looks fantastic swee'pea, congratulations!  :D
Sal

Organic...so far!

chickchick

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 21:59 »
fab lottie, well done, its great isnt it, im totally hooked and instead of buying shoes and hanbags im buying 1/2 cabbage plants and seeds, what a turnaround!!  :lol:  :lol:

Page created in 0.738 seconds with 37 queries.