diseased brassicas

• 4 Replies

tammie_farley

diseased brassicas
« on: August 05, 2008, 17:54 »
Hi, can anyone hlep me?  I have Broccoli, Kale and Calebrese, with leaves which have gone yellow with pink edges.  Not all the leaves are affected but lots are!  This happened to me last year and I thought it was too wet, but that can't be the problem this year.  

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?  And, more importantly, how to treat it.  I can't see any bugs on them and they're not being eaten (netted) but it does look like something is accumulating in the base of the leaves where it meets the stem.

:(

penance

diseased brassicas
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 18:26 »
Hmm, I have had club root affected brassicas in the past that had similar symptoms.

tammie_farley

diseased brassicas
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 21:17 »
I pulled up a Kale plant tonight and there was a little white worm on the root...can anyone tell me if there is a treatment, or do I need to destroy the crop?

johnhar

diseased brassicas
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 20:39 »
the little white grub in the root will be cabbage root fly, you could try drenching the stem erea of the plants with a spray strenght general insecticide make sure the soil is wet first the pour about 15ml of spray down the stem area, this could be causing the discoloured leaves but this may be nitrogen shortage you could quickly check if this is the problem by watering a few plants with a high nitrogen liquid feed ( lawn fertilizer ( not weed & feed though ) about 20cc per plant if it greens up in a few days top drees them all. hope this helps :D
john

tammie_farley

diseased brassicas
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 10:52 »
Brilliant John, thanks for that...good to hear that there is a slight chance all is not lost!

clip
Diseased Blueberry

Started by Missey on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post June 22, 2019, 17:35
by KCWales
xx
Tomatoes diseased HELP!

Started by JohnB on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post July 30, 2008, 11:47
by JohnB
xx
diseased apple tree's

Started by willow on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 02, 2008, 22:53
by Aunt Sally
xx
No show/diseased potatos

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 11, 2013, 18:27
by fatcat1955

Page created in 0.385 seconds with 36 queries.